Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly a month till the season starts....bow is tuned.

Had a new peep put on with the rubber tube about a month ago. Started noticing a strange "Boing" noise when I shot ever now and then.

Went out to the shed last night, looked at the bow.....the peep is hanging out.

The tube is wedged between my strings and the peep is hanging a few inches above my D-loop.

***!!!!!!!

·
Beer Whisperer
11,074 Posts
Loose the rubber tubing and this won't happen again. Today's strings are stable enough that rarely do they turn once they've settled in. It may take a little fiddling with the tubless peep to get it right but its worth not having to deal with a piece of rubber tubing.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the tubeless peep up till this year....kept twisting on me.

I'm going to have it looked at and fixed.

Any problems whatsoever I'm switching back ASAP

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
get a good quality string and you will not have any peep rotation. The tubed peeps are pretty much useless imo

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
I havent used a tubed peep in years. They are noisy and will break at the exact moment you draw on a deer.

·
Registered
812 Posts
save your eye before it's too late, had one break when I first got started into archery and just missed my eye.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I bought a used AM32 from the classifieds with a tube peep.I hated that peep.I broke it down two days ago and installed meta peep.I uped my poundage by 2 lbs.I gained enough speed by droping that peep and the extra 2 lbs to drop my twenty pin off.Now it is shoot 0-30 with my first pin at 63 lbs.

·
Alien Mafia Member
3,765 Posts
Nearly a month till the season starts....bow is tuned.

Had a new peep put on with the rubber tube about a month ago. Started noticing a strange "Boing" noise when I shot ever now and then.

Went out to the shed last night, looked at the bow.....the peep is hanging out.

The tube is wedged between my strings and the peep is hanging a few inches above my D-loop.
***!!!!!!!
Loose the rubber tubing and this won't happen again. Today's strings are stable enough that rarely do they turn once they've settled in. It may take a little fiddling with the tubless peep to get it right but its worth not having to deal with a piece of rubber tubing.
Going by the OP description, the peep came out of the string away from the tubeing, so not having the tubing would just have meant the peep ended up on the floor!!
Sounds more like it wasn't tied in properly and somehow popped out.
The speed thing is a crock (JMO) the best I have ever gained is 2fps.
My peeps do not rotate once I have settled my custom strings, but I still retain the tube on my hunting bows, 'cos I know Murphy's law will strike when I am drawing on 'Monster buck'.

Kev

·
Beer Whisperer
11,074 Posts
Going by the OP description, the peep came out of the string away from the tubeing, so not having the tubing would just have meant the peep ended up on the floor!!
Sounds more like it wasn't tied in properly and somehow popped out.
The speed thing is a crock (JMO) the best I have ever gained is 2fps.
My peeps do not rotate once I have settled my custom strings, but I still retain the tube on my hunting bows, 'cos I know Murphy's law will strike when I am drawing on 'Monster buck'.

Kev
Speed isn't as much of an issue as noise and simplicity. And I concur, something was weird about the peep popping out in reverse rather than the way you would think it would.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts