Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bowtech guardian. I have a peep with a verifire lens in it. it has the rubber tubing for peep allignment attached. this bow is very quiet and all I can hear is the snap sound of the tubing .. Is it too short? whan I eliminate the tubing I get a buzz or vibration in the string. any suggestions.. I have all the string suppressors and so on.:confused:

·
Registered
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a bowtech guardian. I have a peep with a verifire lens in it. it has the rubber tubing for peep allignment attached. this bow is very quiet and all I can hear is the snap sound of the tubing .. Is it too short? whan I eliminate the tubing I get a buzz or vibration in the string. any suggestions.. I have all the string suppressors and so on.:confused:
Wow all experts here till ya ask a question that actually pertains to archery..
:confused:

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
How long is the tube.I have a 30"dl and found that if i keep my tubes at around 6.5/7" long i don't hear any twang from them.The only tubes i really ever heard make much noise is the rubber one's.....not the silicone.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Wow all experts here till ya ask a question that actually pertains to archery..
:confused:
what an awesome comment :rolleyes:

You kinda answered ure own question there. if it slaps when its on and doesnt when its off then it is a problem with the tubing. most likely it is too long. draw up and get someone to measure the distance between peep + attatchment pin then subtract 1.5" - 3" and cut a new piece of tube that length + give it a go.

·
Registered
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long is the tube.I have a 30"dl and found that if i keep my tubes at around 6.5/7" long i don't hear any twang from them.The only tubes i really ever heard make much noise is the rubber one's.....not the silicone.
first off sorry for being inpatitent but headed out to the shop tonote so I kinda needed an answer.

The rubber is silicone its about 5" long.. i really wanted to remove it after the initial string stretch. but when I remove the silicone and take a shot I get a buzz vibration noise?? thaks for the reply

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
first off sorry for being inpatitent but headed out to the shop tonote so I kinda needed an answer.

The rubber is silicone its about 5" long.. i really wanted to remove it after the initial string stretch. but when I remove the silicone and take a shot I get a buzz vibration noise?? thaks for the reply
No problem....i feel the same way at times...if you left the peep aliner on...thats probably the cause for the buzzing sound....you'd have to also remove it.

·
Registered
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem....i feel the same way at times...if you left the peep aliner on...thats probably the cause for the buzzing sound....you'd have to also remove it.
thanks Bud.. Ill give it a try.:wink:

·
In Urban We Trust
2,463 Posts
Do you have an STS on it? I just bought a Guardian a couple months ago from the At classifieds, it was used and it came with an after market STS and the previous owner took off all the string and cable silencers, i tied a peep in and it is the quietest bow i have ever shot. I would do away with the rubber peep system, I have had them on previous bows and that is all you hear is that rubber slapping sound.

·
Registered
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all who replied I will try your suggestions.

No sts.
yes verfier is screwd in tight..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.