Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Huntoholic
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shoot a Mathews Helim and my peep rotates from right to left, all specs are correct. I also have a Z7 that has no peep rotation at all, so what causes a peep to rotate and what is the cure? I have a press and do my own tuning, I understand how to strighten a peep in the string but I don't fully understand rotation problems, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Straighten the peep at brace with the top cam loop. Correct roation during draw cycle with bottom string loop. Sounds like u need to add half twist possible 1 full twist to string at the BOTTOM cam to the right

·
Socket Man
24,315 Posts
A bow string either has peep rotation or it doesn't, yours has rotation so you aren't going to get rid of it. What you do is put a half twist at a time into the bow string and then shoot a few times and see if the peep is ending up perfect at full draw. When you do this you want the d-loop to be perfectly straight back off of the bow string and not helping turn the peep at all so as you add half twists to the string make sure you straighten up the d-loop each time.

Within a few half twists the peep will be perfect at full draw and then as the weeks go by if you need to turn the knots on the d-loop just a little to keep the peep perfect you can do so until you have time to add a half twist.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
What Bbd16 said. Just play with the twists on the bottom loop until you see the peep straighten out. On a one cam HeliM, it would be the loop closest to the nocking point, not the other half going through the cable guard.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Check to see if your string has stretched. Crappy strings did it for me. At least that is the only variable that can move by itself. The cams aren't going to move themselves and the limbs aren't going to back off tension on their own... so in my mind, for my peep rotation issue, it had to be the string. When I first brought my PSE Surge, which aren't known for their quality strings, the string kept stretching. That caused my peep to rotate. Go to bed one night with the peep in one location, next morning it had rotated at least 90 degrees. We kept checking the DW, it kept decreasing and peep kept moving. New upgraded custom string and bam.... has never moved. Not saying that is your issue, but its something that can't be dismissed as a possible cause.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts