Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both a new bow, PSE Drive R, and new strings on an existing bow, Strother Wrath SHO - vapor trails. Both sets of strings have been shot 40-50 times. The peep on each is turning a 1/8 of a turn to the left when drawing the bow.

I've read ideas about moving strands across the peep and adding/removing twists to the string to correct the problem. Considering those, I have few questions...

1). Should I add or remove twists and from what end, top or bottom, should I make the change? Or should I remove the whole string add/remove twists, then reinstall the string? Also, any idea how much I should add or remove twists?

2). Once I get the string to stop twisting while drawing and if I now find the peep misaligned, should I re-split the string, reinstall the peep to get the peep aligned while un-drawn or at rest?

Thank you greatly!

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
How do you have the peep tied in? If you pinch off the 'V' above or below the peep it can cause and issue. I've also seen silencers or serving a peep in against the twist cause an issue.

·
Hunter of many things
12,072 Posts
I played with mine for a while before I got it. I had success by holding the peep straight as I wrapped the string around the top cam and hooked it on the peg. When I hooked the loop end of my string on the peg first, and then rolled it around my cam back in the groove it twisted on me. You could try a twist right and see what happens, you can always remove it if nothing changed.

Also, DONT do your first option, you may very well mess up your holding weight, DL and or DW. You should be able to get it without taking your peep out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you have the peep tied in? If you pinch off the 'V' above or below the peep it can cause and issue. I've also seen silencers or serving a peep in against the twist cause an issue.
I have serving string served into a knot, one above and one below the peep. It's a 1/2 inch from the top of my peep to the bottom of the knot above. Likewise for the bottom of my peep to the top of the lower knot. I'm a new to self servicing my bows. Thanks!

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
Have you tied the peep it self in? After tying the peep in try moving the knots above the peep or below the peep & see if that helps with peep movement.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Several ways to go about it.

1. Press the bow and add or remove one twist in the bottom of the string.

2. Press the bow and reset the peep.

3. Try to move the serving either above or below the peep.

4. My very last of recommendation is to swap places with a couple of strands of the string around the peep.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Make sure you haven't tied your peep in too close. That's what was causing my peep to rotate - I was told tying the peep in too close added twist to the string (???). I took the serving off, let the string "relax" and settle where the string came to rest around the peep. Haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make sure you haven't tied your peep in too close. That's what was causing my peep to rotate - I was told tying the peep in too close added twist to the string (???). I took the serving off, let the string "relax" and settle where the string came to rest around the peep. Haven't had a problem since.
Thanks! Is there a standard for too close?

·
Registered
248 Posts
OK, I'm no expert - here's what I was told and it worked well for me: Put the peep in the string without any serving tie-ins. Where the string comes back together (on it's own) on either side of the peep is where the string should be tied with serving.

The following youtube was recommended to me (not my video) - I did it this way and it worked well:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I'm no expert - here's what I was told and it worked well for me: Put the peep in the string without any serving tie-ins. Where the string comes back together (on it's own) on either side of the peep is where the string should be tied with serving.

The following youtube was recommended to me (not my video) - I did it this way and it worked well:
Great feedback. Thank you!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
when doing what i posted above i just use a small piece of 3/32 d-loop material,you can leave the ends so they will fray like string leeches or burn the ends to have just the string.

·
PSE Tackdriver
835 Posts
Don't listen to any of these move a strand here and there post just press your bow and rotate your bottom string loop the way you want the peep to move might take a couple presses to get it perfect but it's easy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
PSE Tackdriver
835 Posts
Several ways to go about it.

1. Press the bow and add or remove one twist in the bottom of the string.

2. Press the bow and reset the peep.

3. Try to move the serving either above or below the peep.

4. My very last of recommendation is to swap places with a couple of strands of the string around the peep.
Exactly right!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
NO... most good 3-d shooters like them tight very close...because somewhere at some shoot someone came buy and pulled the thing down..[ they cant beat a good shooter so.. enough said] ......all you gotta do is press it and twist it up. but the real issue is your string....it should not rotate from stretching... if it keeps on rotating you know the string is the issue. i have seen peeps make 4 full turns. the guy was mad:angry:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts