Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
53E235BD-0E2A-4646-8CC5-316D5E370B37.jpeg Can anyone identify this peep sight? It has two string grooves and a groove for the serving to be tied around the sight.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Could be a Rad peep. Need more pictures

I literally have no idea what I'm doing.......ever.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Whatever peep it is, it would appear to be installed incorrectly. I don’t see how that possibly could come straight at full draw so you can see through it. Every peep sight I’ve ever seen or used is installed so it’s 35-40 degrees to the string, with 37 or 38 degrees being the most common. Yours is perpendicular to the string. Can we see a pic from the side so we can possibly see the grooves in it?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Whatever peep it is, it would appear to be installed incorrectly. I don’t see how that possibly could come straight at full draw so you can see through it. Every peep sight I’ve ever seen or used is installed so it’s 35-40 degrees to the string, with 37 or 38 degrees being the most common. Yours is perpendicular to the string. Can we see a pic from the side so we can possibly see the grooves in it?
Some short ATA bows have peeps like this due to the extreme angle the string comes to at full draw, especially for higher DL. So to know for sure you need to know the bow ATA, and the DL.

Reactions: carletes47

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
is almost certainly a RAD
It looks like 1/4, I have two of them mounted in my 28 and 30 ATA bows, they work quite well, especially in longer openings, although it is not ideal because the vision through it is a bit oval, shaped like an eye

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Never seen anyone use a flat installed peep, even with 22” draw lengths.
I have. And used to have one. And you misread my original post. It was for SHORT ATA, and higher DLs!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts