Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I am new to archery and have a problem. My peep site is secured into the bowstring with upper and lower wraps of serving. The wraps are gradually sliding apart allowing the peep sight to move freely.

I took the bow back to the shop where the technician pushed the wraps back together, trapping the peep sight but, after shooting about fifty arrows, the wraps have again moved apart, allowing the peep sight to move around. I think the bow string wax, (lubrication), may be contributing to the problem. Anyone know how to secure those wrappings and get the peep sight to stay put?

I think this is hurting my shooting as now my groups are tight horizontally but wander vertically.
Thanks
Norm

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I had the same problem just recently, and I solved the problem by re-tying it in. When I tied in the first knot, I left a long tag end which I ran around one of the divided thirds of my string, past the peep and down the other side and served it into the second knot. Man, I wish I could post a photo to better explain! Maybe someone else can, because this is an easy and common solution. With the connection between the two knots, there can be no slipping, and you don't have to superglue your knots to the string (which some may suggest, but I don't like it.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dave

Thanks for the info Dave. Being from Jersey I was kind of wondering about why you are up at 4:00 am!
Best
Norm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts