Archery Talk Forum banner

Which are you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off my anchor sight today and am now flying solo. I was just wondering how many others shoot without a peep or "no peep" kind of device.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
give me a peep for now its all i have ever known

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
fulton, looking for one for my dad for his Bday, were you happy with the anchor? Are you going to sell it since you are flying solo?

·
Registered
224 Posts
When I was a kid I used to shoot without a peep, sights and I shot fingers. Now with the technology out today I don't see why someone wouldn't take advantage of it all and use it.

I think it would be the same thing as buying a deer gun without sights. I think the deer deserve the best shot that we can give them and I personally think that a peep is necessary to do that.

A friend of mine only used a kisser button. I finally got tired of him calling me up at night to help him track his gut shot deer. I told him to get a peep on his bow and it will make him more accurate. This year he is shooting tighter groups then he ever did.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I shoot a peep on my compound because it's my 3d rig. I shoot a recurve for hunting and its all traditional, just a nock.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had the anchor sight on for a month or so and found myself hardly even looking at it any more. I got a wild hair yesterday and took it off. 20 and 30 yards were good for me but 40 was a little sloppy... had some left/right misses. At this point I am happy with my shooting. I am bowhunting the thick stuff here in Wis and 30 yards will prolly be the max anywho.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
I don't even know the string is there

when shooting the Z-Point. I'm looking down the left side of the string and depending on the Z-Point's dot being in the middle and I'm ready to shoot. Not complicated and only ONE thing to concentrate on................putting the red dot in the kill zone. Can't get any less simple than that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts