Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed today that my peep sight is slanted when I look at it from the front. This is going to be hard to explain but it looks like this..... \ One side is higher that the other. I just pressed it and took all the tying material off and played around with it but it just wont square up. I think maybe it is a machining error or something :confused: Its one of the new Fletcher Hunter 1/4". Does anyone have any inputs or have had this happen to them? I keep seeing the inside of the peep and I thought it just wasnt turning correctly but after messing with it I realized it wasnt squared. Any inputs would be great.
Thanks
Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
some peeps like the tru peep has a slant to it so when u draw your bow the peep levels out here is a pic hope it helps
 

Attachments

A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dropzone2006 said:
some peeps like the tru peep has a slant to it so when u draw your bow the peep levels out here is a pic hope it helps

Thank you for the reply Drop, I am very familiar with the slant. Thats not the problem. I told you this is going to be hard to explain. Let me try again. Maybe I will call it a tilt. With that picture you posted you can tell the peep is level but when I look at mine the right side of the peep where the grove is is lower than the left side. I hope this better explains it.
Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Specialty Peep

Specialty has a peep that is made to fit the degree of angle that your axel to axel lenght gives you for your bow. And there is a front or back to the peep. So if you put it in backwards you will not be able to see through it.
http://www.specialtyarch.com/peepangle.htm This is the chart that will give you the degree you should be shooting with your bow.
Hope that helps!:smile:
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dropzone2006 said:
ahhhhh well boy dont i feel stupid...:confused:

Dont feel stupid. You never now what the person on the other end knows. I am trying to upload a picture to show what it looks like. Also I am not sure what they are made of.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hoytshooters said:
Specialty has a peep that is made to fit the degree of angle that your axel to axel lenght gives you for your bow. And there is a front or back to the peep. So if you put it in backwards you will not be able to see through it.
http://www.specialtyarch.com/peepangle.htm This is the chart that will give you the degree you should be shooting with your bow.
Hope that helps!:smile:

Thank you I do have one of those also. The angle is not the problem. It has a tilt to the right not front and back. I do understand about the whole angle thing. I think the groves are not symetrical to each other. One is a slight higher than the other. I am trying to post a pic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,276 Posts
It could be machined incorrectly.
Get rid of it and buy a new one...:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,758 Posts
here is what you do. you just completely rip out the peep sight and instead you put a ball of flou. orange (or any other color) on your string. this can be just as good if not better than a peep. you put you pins on the left of the sting (if your a righty) or on the right (if your a lefty). im gonna do that to my bow tomorrow. also if you look around here on AT you might be able to find the thread that i was talking about.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
12 X said:
It could be machined incorrectly.
Get rid of it and buy a new one...:wink:
12x I think thats what i am going to do. They are cheap enough. Its just weird to me in 14 years od shooting a bow I have never seen that :confused:
I did just take a longer look at it and noticed the where the groves are one side is machined deeper that the other side. If you look at the picture you can kind of see it. the left side string is closer to the peep opening than the right side. I will just replace it.
Thanks Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
ill bet it got squished a little bit ...those larger dia.holes have no support under the preassure of your string and can collapse over time:rolleyes:
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dropzone2006 said:
ill bet it got squished a little bit ...those larger dia.holes have no support under the preassure of your string and can collapse over time:rolleyes:
Maybe I only had it for about a month or so.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,346 Posts
Press the bow, rotate the peep so it's straight, un-press the bow and tie it in. The peep can sit like that sometimes. Usually if you just tilt it inside the string it'll straighten out.


If not...


Collect some pennies and dimes. You need a new one. ;)
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
archery1 said:
Press the bow, rotate the peep so it's straight, un-press the bow and tie it in. The peep can sit like that sometimes. Usually if you just tilt it inside the string it'll straighten out.


If not...


Collect some pennies and dimes. You need a new one. ;)
The thing is I cant get it straight in the string. No matter what I do to it. I guess I will just get a new one tomorrow. I think it is just machined wrong? Maybe I will call Fletcher tomorrow before I get a new one and see what they have to say. I love this peep.
thanks everyone for your help.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top