Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the TRU speed nock to help with my peep sight alignment and forgot to order a peep without the thing sticking off of it for the rubber tubing to slide onto. So now I need a new peep. What do you guys recommend for a good peep sight. I thought about the G5 peep, but wanted to hear your recommendations first. Also what size do you guys use for hunting?

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Super ball peep, Tru Peep, G5...all nice ones. Size? That varies with every setup. Too many factors involved to accurately suggest a size. Distance from peep to eye, peep to sight and your sight's pinguard size are all factors. Ideally you want good alignment between the peep and pinguard to ensure consistent anchoring and head position. You should be able to find a size that allows you to align the pinguard just inside the peep when at full draw. Buy a couple sizes and try them out.

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
The Fletcher Tru-Peep. Nothing fancy. Just perfectly functional, widely popular -- and inexpensive.

I've tried several other types and have come back to the Tru-Peep. Combined with the Speed-Nok, it is all you need. You can't improve on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
check out the redhawk low light peeps, they are BIG but if your hunting and you cant see through your peep it doesnt matter how much speed you loose

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Super ball peep is where it's at for target shooters. You can switch out the aperture size so you can use the same peep for whatever. Whether you need a different size hole, want to switch to clarifier or verifier, or just stick with a standard no lens peep you can use the same peep housing. Takes seconds to change out your peep. Very versatile.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Tru-Peep or G5 meta peep! No need to look any further.

Cost? Both are really inexpensive compared to most archery equipment. I sell the G5's all sizes $9 tyd:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts