Archery Talk Forum banner

Peep sight turns after eash shot

5336 Views 22 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  whyatt
I purchased a Hoyt Vector 32 over the winter. I have recelty started shooting regularly and I am having issues with the peep turning/ twisting after every shot. If I straighten it out before is draw the bow, it lines up just fine. Does anyone know of any way to correct this, other than a peep with a rubber tube that connects to the cable? My step father has had a Carbon Element for a couple years and has had this issue as well. Both bows were purchased at the same dealer, could they be set up wrong?

Look forward to reading any tips or tricks. Thanks!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
8,662 Posts
If you can put it back and it stays as you draw you can add twists to the string.
Or you can use your d loop to do it.

· Registered
8,662 Posts
the bow needs to be put on a bow press and have the string twisted to line up the peep. Most bow shops will do this for a couple bucks.

Want advice from a 20 year shooter? shoot without one.
Want advice from a 36 year shooter that can still hang with most of the Pro's use a peep if you want accuracy.
If the shop charges a couple of bucks to do that find another shop. Taking your money takes longer than adjusting it.

· Registered
8,662 Posts
I haven't put a peep in my back up bow but have been shooting it quite a bit and my groups at 20 are just as tight as my bow with a peep. I might just put a kisser button and see how well I continue to do.
With a peep most don't shoot groups at 20. That's why at targets for 20 have multiple spots

· Registered
3,389 Posts
Shot without one for 25 years, got a pse evo 7 last summer and the string blocked the sight pin so I had to install one, I love it, put on on the may darton as well, just lines things up fast and accurate, if you want a no-peep I have two that I would sell.

· Registered
11,252 Posts
string has settled in and needs a twist in or ou of it,,, if it continues after that chances are the string has rotation and it wont quit until changed..sometimes you can set the peep sideways so when you draw it the peep rotates into the correct position...

· Registered
8,662 Posts
string has settled in and needs a twist in or ou of it,,, if it continues after that chances are the string has rotation and it wont quit until changed..sometimes you can set the peep sideways so when you draw it the peep rotates into the correct position...
Don't take twists out. Put twists in. Twists in bottom move one way. Twists in the top move it the other.

· Registered
2,113 Posts
Chances are that the string is either worn or not high quality. Solution= buy a quality aftermarket string, same goes for your Dads bow.

1) buy quality aftermarket string....then proceed to step 2
2) buy a cheap portable press( ex ;bowmaster) and learn to give the string a twist to put the peep where you need it

· Registered
2,039 Posts
Most of this advice is pretty good but you may also just need to tighten up your loop.
If your loop won't stay in place, your peep won't either.
Go back to the shop you bought everything from and have them fix it if you're not sure how to do it.
They may fix it for free or they may charge you a couple bucks, who cares it will be fixed.
If after that it is still inconsistent then get a good set of custom strings, (ProLine is who we use) and when properly installed, will solve your problem.
Most stock strings leave a lot to be desired.
JMO
Good Luck

· Registered
8,836 Posts
most likely, there isn't enough twists in the string to stabilize it, in the first place. as said, you'll need to have the bow pressed, remove the string, one end at a time and add some twists to both ends. then after the bow is shot a few times, balance the tension above and below the peep by adding twists until the peep stays put, or comes around at full draw reliably. at that point the loop can be adjusted to bring the peep up right and tightened with a loop tool.
individual strands of the string can be swapped around from side to side of the peep, to get that final bit of perfection, but usually, if you work in half twists, during the final adjustment, the peep will settle into the right position. it takes some fooling around, but that's just the nature of the beast and the one of the reasons we all go to a good quality custom string for our bows.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
One half twist of the string at the top or bottom typically helps right the peep. Just need to put the bow on a press, can be done at any shop.

· Registered
217 Posts
my experience with fuse strings in the past hasn't been the best, i took the strings off my trykon and put on winners choice and never had a problem again, but i'm sure one of the string builders on here can help you out for cheaper

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.