Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my string on a Mathews lx that I use for hunting. I was wondering what the best peep sight for hunting would be? I am open to all options.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the g5 meta peeps are very common
biggest decision is around the size: 3/32", 1/8", 3/16", 1/4" or 5/16"

personally I sized mine so that when I look through the peep it is the same size the sight housing

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Fletcher tru peep. does the job just fine!

I use a 1/4 inch "hunter" it lines up with my sight housing perfectly.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Love my G5 Meta Peep, have had it on my last two bows. Mine is the 3/16". Light, Highly Visible, and never gets spun on my string, giving me a perfect sight picture on every draw. Would definitely recommend it!

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
the g5 meta peeps are very common
biggest decision is around the size: 3/32", 1/8", 3/16", 1/4" or 5/16"

personally I sized mine so that when I look through the peep it is the same size the sight housing
Yep, the Meta Peeps are all I will use. I dont bother trying to get a peep size that fits exact on the sight ring. Its an automatic thing to do reguardless of peep/sight housing size.

I use the large 5/16" Meta Peep and its the berries for hunting. Can see through it until black dark and still get the accuracy of a peep.

40 yards.

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
Yep, the Meta Peeps are all I will use. I dont bother trying to get a peep size that fits exact on the sight ring. Its an automatic thing to do reguardless of peep/sight housing size.

I use the large 5/16" Meta Peep and its the berries for hunting. Can see through it until black dark and still get the accuracy of a peep.

40 yards.
Thats good shoot'n!

I like the 5/16" as well. Nothing worse than drawing back and it being too dark to see through the peep, cause the hole is too small.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I use the fletcher 3/16" and it works just fine. Not too big, not too small.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Peep Size Suggestions?

I see the last post on this thread was a little bit ago but I will see if I can get an answer. This is the first year I am shooting a peep an the one I started with was the redeye 1/4". I felt this was to big because when looking through it I could see quite a bit around my sight ring which was causing me to float the sight ring around the inside of my peep. So the peep I switched to was the meta 3/16". I thought this would be fine at the archery shop but know getting home an shooting outside in good light just the opposite. The peep is just a little small and the peep floats inside the sight ring, I can just see my level bubble an not the sight ring. Any suggestions Please an thanks....

·
Teniente D'Equipo Mongrel
8,170 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Go with a 1/4 or larger or you will have trouble in low light.

RT

·
8,170 Posts
I see the last post on this thread was a little bit ago but I will see if I can get an answer. This is the first year I am shooting a peep an the one I started with was the redeye 1/4". I felt this was to big because when looking through it I could see quite a bit around my sight ring which was causing me to float the sight ring around the inside of my peep. So the peep I switched to was the meta 3/16". I thought this would be fine at the archery shop but know getting home an shooting outside in good light just the opposite. The peep is just a little small and the peep floats inside the sight ring, I can just see my level bubble an not the sight ring. Any suggestions Please an thanks....
uh look for 7/32 i guess

·
8,170 Posts
Carbon Express Sure Vision Peep Sight 7/32-$3.99

Aim Outdoors Whisper 7/32" Peep-$12.97

on Amazon maybe find it cheaper.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Took my g5 meta peep out because it was oval. Put in a Fletcher true peep.

·
Marty in Badgerland
5,292 Posts
love my g5 meta peep, have had it on my last two bows. Mine is the 3/16". Light, highly visible, and never gets spun on my string, giving me a perfect sight picture on every draw. Would definitely recommend it!
^^^^^this^^^^^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. My archery shop here had a 7/32" and it lines up perfectly the way i want it with my black gold flash point. The standard flash point mounting arm only has one set of mounting holes to mount to the bow so there isn't any adjustment there. In hine sight should went with the HD flash point, same sight different mounting bracket with different holes. I opted for the standard model cause I didnt want the extra weight of the bigger bracket, oh well still happy. thanks every one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts