Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to go from a rubber tube peep to non rubber. I use a verifier and it has to line up or it 's fuzzy. I have done everything to get it set straight is there a simple method to this madness. Strings are stock on my Hoyt Turbohawk and at least 400 shoots on them. Will I pick up much speed by removing the tubing or should I stop being anal on this part of tuning. Thanks in advance for the help

Shoot 28" draw @ 70 lbs
Arrows and ponit 384 gr.
Speed is 285 fps.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I just switched to a meta peep and although I haven't shot much I am having some twist issues. I think part of it is getting it "broken in" after you use it for a while it will settle in. Also I have heard that stock strings tend to cause more twist.

·
CenterX
4,236 Posts
When I install a peep in a bow I get it set perfectly to the customers eye and move it back or forth very little to get it as straight as possible. Then serve it in very tightly and make sure I keep it straight. Of course this is doing it with a G5 meta peep or tru peep that you actually wrap the serving around. I've never had a customer come back in with twist issues or had any with my bows. Most all of these have been with factory strings also.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Weight on the string will effect your speed 99.9% of the time.
Are you pressing your bow or just using a string seperator? If you press
then insert that is the best. If still not perfect, I just twist the string accordingly. Also if you are moving your serving while tying in the peep, that too will change the rotation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts