Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my first post I thought I'd ask which people prefer: a peep sight or a kisser button. Or, do some of you use both?

I'm going to add one of the two to my set-up this week, and was wondering what the drawbacks of going with a kisser-button over a peep would be.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Problem with the kisser only is you could still move your head left and right slightly and probably not notice it. The peep if you center it with your pin guard everytime you know you are centered left and right..I think for a beginner using both is an excellent way to start then as you get more comfortable drop the kisser if you want..thats what I did and I don't miss it at all anymore

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I use both and also put my nose on the string. si I am locked in, in 3 places and that keeps me to have the same head position each time.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
I use both

·
Hunt By Faith Not By Site
6,311 Posts
sweet old bill said:
I use both and also put my nose on the string. si I am locked in, in 3 places and that keeps me to have the same head position each time.
I'm with bill. I use the same setup and it works great for me.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I'm also with bill. The kisser first then the nose on the string then center the sight in the peep.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
The comparison is not a good one. Both serve different purposes. The peep should not be used as an anchor. You should be able to see through the center of your peep as a result of a solid anchor. This should be repeatable as long as there are no changes in your set up. The kisser button provides another anchor point; nothing more. It's been said that a good anchor requires 3 contact points. There is nothing written in stone that says you can't have 4. On some short ATA bows, the string angle is too steep to allow a nose contact. This occurs on some other set ups also. In these cases it might be helpful to add a kisser to bring up the number of contact points.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I have a little bony part behind my ear that my knuckle goes against when I draw. I can draw back, with eyes closed, and when I open them up, my peep is right there. Every time. As long as I find that bony bump, and keep a loose bow hand, no worries.

To make a long story short, peep but no kisser. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
711 Posts
For 3D I use both. For hunting I only use the peep. A kisser could get hung up on a face mask.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you are going to use just one I would use the peep sight. But I use both. You always need to get in the spot you shoot last time to get good groups

·
Registered
115 Posts
I can shoot with out either of them. I cant tell a big difference. But i prefer both. It keeps me focused better. I know it sounds crazy. But its true.

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts
BowRegards said:
For 3D I use both. For hunting I only use the peep. A kisser could get hung up on a face mask.
That might be a problem with a plastic kisser "button" but those big, awkward things are totally redundant. All that is needed for a perfectly effective kisser is a few turns and knots with serving thread. The lips are very sensitive and will have no trouble feeling that little appendage to the bowstring.

And it won't grab your mask.

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts
I use both.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Couple of weekends ago during a 3d shoot, two friends that I was shooting with used only kisser buttons. They were having [email protected]%% with left and rights. Put in a peep in both bows that afternoon, left the buttons in and their scores went up tremendously. Go with a peep and kisser but a peep at least.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
www.peepeliminator.com and see if that might work for you. sure stops all the hassle of losing light thru a peep. just give ol melvin a hellop and eh will explain it to you and help you so it will be smooth transmission
rob k

·
NAASP
14,543 Posts
peep and kisser

I used to have a kisser button but got rid of it.

Still use 3 points of anchor.

My nose

My peep

My knuckle into my jaw bone (hinge point)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts