Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Bcy nock point/peep tying thread works and doesn't cost a lot. Could use #4 nylon serving thread, it may cost even less and wouldn't be surprised if it's the same stuff.

·
Registered
17,911 Posts
Strands from old bow strings has worked for me for over 40+ years.

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,183 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
If you go with a peep-it from Sawtooth Outdoor Products, you don't have to worry about tying it in. Not sure what peep you are using, but my Peep-it weighs 2 ounces less than the Rad SD 38 peep that I was using before. Just something to think about.

·
Back Yard Champion
28,151 Posts
If you go with a peep-it from Sawtooth Outdoor Products, you don't have to worry about tying it in. Not sure what peep you are using, but my Peep-it weighs 2 ounces less than the Rad SD 38 peep that I was using before. Just something to think about.
2 ounces?!!!!

·
Back Yard Champion
28,151 Posts
What material do you recommend for tying in a peep sight?
Anything not too thin that would cut your string and nothing larger than .020" or .021" BCY serving. You don't have to get fancy with serving. I use two servings, one above and one below. Adjusting the separate servings can allow tweaking the peep. I don't like the servings of any kind closer than 1 1/2" of peep. Me, often wondered if some of the string cutting wasn't due to having the serving (s) too close to the peep.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts

2 ounces?!!!!
Sorry, haha! 2 gr.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Anybody trie b50 bowstring material? heard it comes pre-waxed, I think that's what or local bowshop uses.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Just thwackin' it.
6,974 Posts
I prefer 3D. I've used Halo before but that stuff is kinda pricey for those tasks. 3D isn't cheap, it's not expensive either.

·
Grumpy Old Man
26,812 Posts
I've always used two or three wraps of dental floss in the groove around the peep body. Never any problems.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anybody trie b50 bowstring material? heard it comes pre-waxed, I think that's what or local bowshop uses.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
I keep some used strings from my wheel bow and recurve on hand for this very purpose. Peeps, tied nock sets, cat whisker silencers; all stay in place when tied tight with a strand of b50. Ask your shop or any traditional shooting friends if you can have an old string. A 14-16 strand string will give you enough pieces to last most of a lifetime.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
BCY Powergrip. It won't move! Also great for center serving and particularly single cam cable where serving separation usually occurs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts