Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I buy a used bow with a peep on it and I change the DL does the peep need to be adjusted?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes even if you don’t change draw link it will more then likely need to be moved. You have to do the drill of drawings the bow coming to anchor with eyes closed then open eyes to see if it’s lined up. No expert but I do this at thirty yards from my target.

·
Registered
8,612 Posts
Even if you don't have to change the draw length you will probably have to have the peep moved.

·
Registered
51,169 Posts
Make any change to a bow it will have to be tweaked. Buying a used bow the peep was set for the former owner not you. Yes the bow is going to need to be retuned to you.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The peep is like the drivers seat or mirrors in a car.
adjust the seat adjust the mirrors.

bows are kind of the same one thing on a bow effects the others.
one size / position does not fit all

i would be surprised if it was in the correct position for you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not necessarily, you might get really lucky and somehow the peep is in the perfect spot but you will probably need it moved.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes. On a rifle you have front and rear sights to align with the target. Most anybody can shoot that rifle. A bow is no different it terms of a front and rear sight but there is one big difference, the rear sight, peep, is aligned to your body and your eye. Not many people would be able to shoot your bow. Its an individual thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts