Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a replacement saw(blade) for my Zip-Saw?I'ts a wire saw for cutting through the pelvic bone.Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops do not seem to carry them.I can't find the one used to have.Thanks and good luck this season,Louie.

·
Registered
834 Posts
why cut throgh the pelvic bone its not nessacery during field dressing

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
adamcooper1983 said:
why cut throgh the pelvic bone its not nessacery during field dressing
Easiest way to get that rectum all the way out, no contamination of the sacred inner loins.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
I've never cut the pelvic bone and I've never screwed up any meat either.

Just a ream job around the A hole and it all pulls through nice and neat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
zip saw

I've never cut the pelvic bone in the feild either, and I never ruin any meat as a matter of fact I never even cut the pecker and balls off in the feild, I do that when I got him hanging by then all the fat has hardned up and you can do alot better job with a fillet knife then you can with a hunting knife. but thats just how I like to do it to each hi/her own

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ( being Louie's wife ) was taught by him to cut the pelvic bone with the Zip Saw and it only takes a few seconds, A friend and outfitter of mine and his guides have show me how to do it without cutting the pelvic bone and also the other way, some of his guides do it one way and some another. After trying it both ways I have to say I prefer to cut the pelvic bone with the Zip Saw , just seems faster and easier and a safer way to guarentee the meat is kept from feces and bladder contamination for me, so TO EACH THEIR OWN;)
DEBORAH KF

·
Registered
834 Posts
I split the deer about where the wiener is on a buck, and the teats are on a doe... go up from there, then cut around the anus/ vaginal area cut up 3 in inside it will all come right out, DO NOT SPLIT THE HIDE BETWEEN THE LEGS. zip tie the anus of.. work everything out up top the guts last if possible so you can grab the lower colon and control it, then jsut pull it right out, easy as pie, and you didnt exposed those hams to air/dirt, then get it hanging and wash it out.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I butcher our deer myself and find it also much easier to handle during processing once the pelvic bone has been cut, but on the bright side I found where to order the Zip Saw from.
Thanks, Deborah KF;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts