Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to put a pendulum sight on my wifes bow. Any info on what brands or type of pendulum sight that has worked for you would be very helpful.
I have been looking at the Savage sight with the night hawk pin, and the Impact Tree Top sight.
She is a great shot but has trouble with distance, and I hope this will help.

Thanks for the help,
David

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used one quite a bit when I used to hunt from a tree stand. They do work while in the tree but I felt they lost a little effectiveness when ground hunting. Forget it if there is a possibility of shooting uphill. Maybe they are better now (it's been since '85 that I used one) but it started to get sticky and not settle exactly the same every time and I even had it freeze up in cold weather. Maybe if a newer model has some ball bearings at the pivot it might be better than the one I had.

My $.02

Erik

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I use Savage and love mine. I would also tell you to look at the Toxnonics, Cobra, and Tru-Glo because they are making good pendulum sights these days too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ive used a Keller before,with Great result's.But the Keller's are noisey,and they dont come in fiber optic arrangments,which makes it a struggle to see the pin in low light situations.Ive since switched to a Savage Pendulum,with a Green Fiber Optic Pin,and it is the best that i have used to date.Very Quiet,and point of impact does not shift,from one shot to another.Mine is adjusted to shoot dead on,out to 25 yards,on the ground,and also dead on,from a elevated position,ot to 30 yards.Ide go with the Savage above any that are out there.Love Mine!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
savage makes an excellent pendelum sight and it is very easy to set up. and also very quiet. if you get one that is gang adjustable the pendelum is preset and just a matter of adjusting the elevation at 20 yards and the windage also then climb up to fine tune it and be sure to have her aim at the spot she is to hit. usually they will be best uysed from 8 feet up to 20 feet up. or i should say savage is best at those heights
good luck
rob k

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
my son switched from a kellar to a cobra....IMO he upgraded...it even has some uphill shooting accuracy and a fiber optic pin.....he's sold and can do magic tricks with it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts