Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking for a new sight, I was wondering if the pendulum really works, I ain't too good at judging distance so will this take that out of the equation? If it does will it change once I get up in the air after shooting on the ground? I never really looked too far into them but now I am thinking highly about getting one, just wondering if they are worth my time and if they are hard to use, everything is appreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
938 Posts
I shot a keller pendulum for a few years and loved it. You can set it to be a fixed pin and sight it in on the ground, get into your stand and make some very minor adjustments and once it is dialed in, it was accurate out to 30 yards. There are two more pins on there for farther shooting, but never used them.

Plus the light is already built into the sight, so you do not have to buy one of those as well.

Hope this helps.

Mike

·
Registered
838 Posts
savage sights has a awsome one the QT Ranger it's really slick

·
Registered
49 Posts
pendulum

Take a good long hard look at a Tru-Glo Pendulum. I have shot savage, kellers, scout mountain, impact and a vital blow? The Tru Glo was by far the best for me because u can get it with a tritium pin and it's very accurate. However the only gripe I had about it was the small sight window it offered. It was oval and a little obstructive. BUT BUT! they came out with a new one this year that is round! It's absolutely perfect...do yourself a favor and try this sight. Make sure you get the round one, not the oval one. There is a big difference.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
One of the things that I like about my pendulum is the ability to use it like a single pin adjustable when I am on the ground. Truglo and Savage both make an adjustable and there may be others. If you go with Savage get the model that does not make a clicking sound when adjusting. My Savage has a tritium pin as does my Truglo and I find is very helpful, especially when I use my darkened ground blind. I sight my pendulum in at 20yds and it is good to 27 yards. I am only shooting 58#.

RT

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I am currently shooting the Toxonics Sniper. The pendulum is set dead on at 20 yards off the ground and is good to 30 yards fronm a tree. It also has two other fixed pins I have set at 30 and 40 yards. I have an Eliminator and a Keller also but I perfer the Toxonics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.