Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im shooting a bowtech destroyer at 61 lbs,28 inch draw and with a 100 grain broadhead my arrow weighs 362 grains i picked up a few packs of the rocket slammerheads mechanicals the weigh 90 grains and have an 1 and three quarter inch cut do i have enough kinetic energy to geta clean passthrough on a mature buck with these head oh yea my arrow is traveling at 281 fps

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Maybe idk jve only had 1 passthru with rage and none.with any other head i use to use a bowtech shootin 312fps and didnt have no pass thrus with mechanicals but with a fixed blade no.prob

·
Registered
34 Posts
im shooting a bowtech destroyer at 61 lbs,28 inch draw and with a 100 grain broadhead my arrow weighs 362 grains i picked up a few packs of the rocket slammerheads mechanicals the weigh 90 grains and have an 1 and three quarter inch cut do i have enough kinetic energy to geta clean passthrough on a mature buck with these head oh yea my arrow is traveling at 281 fps
63.49 ft/lbs of energy, plenty. Where is that mature buck?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oh yea, forgot to mention that if you were shooting muzzy regular three blade, two holes would be the norm with arrow laying on the ground after. Shot a doe 50 yards with muzzy three blade 270's fps 352 grain arrow fo complete pass through, found arrow stuck in grass.

·
Registered
23,625 Posts
Shoot those Rockets with confidence Brother! Good luck and don't forgot to upload your trophy pictures to www.trophyridge.com !

Dan Shultz
Trophy Ridge & Rocket Pro Staff

·
Registered
143 Posts
It amazes me why so many hunters insist on using mechs when considering the fast bows in use today with a decent weight shaft pass throughs with fixed heads are a no brainer. I understand that the fixed head might not track the same as a target point so tune the bow to the head. Lets face it the boiler room on a deer is not that small so we're not talking a need for Robin Hood split the arrow accuracy.

·
Registered
23,625 Posts
I prefer expandables. I will have more than enough KE for any head, and any game with my Omen. I have shot fixed blades in the past, Muzzys...Slick Tricks...Phantoms...even the Rocket Ultimate Steels...but prefer my expandables such as Rocket's Meat Seekers, Steelheads, and my ultimate favorite..the Hammerheads!

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
It all depends on where you hit the deer. You will have a bigger problem with the blades turning into curly fries than you will with the KE of oyour bow. If you want a clean pass thru with a Rocket, you should use the Steelhead.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I prefer expandables. I will have more than enough KE for any head, and any game with my Omen. I have shot fixed blades in the past, Muzzys...Slick Tricks...Phantoms...even the Rocket Ultimate Steels...but prefer my expandables such as Rocket's Meat Seekers, Steelheads, and my ultimate favorite..the Hammerheads!
You better, or you might not be the rocket pro staff

·
Registered
23,625 Posts
You better, or you might not be the rocket pro staff
I could shoot their fixed blades without a problem. Regardless, Pro Staff or not - Rocket is my preferred head!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Use to use rocket steel heads, shot a doe 20 yards from tree, arrow sticking out and disappearing along with the deer, bummer. Same thing on a 10 pointer ohio buck but with a montec and a bad shot to the spine, was able to chase him down though (literally) over 150 plus yards. With the muzzy three blade though, arrow is always laying on the other side half the time stuck in the ground. Two complete pass through holes better than one and another plugged

1 - 20 of 34 Posts