Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The story about the broadhead in the garage wall reminded me of a little story i feel the need to share. Not that if you accidently shoot a garage, shed, etc... that you should have your bow taken away, cause ive done it before too. But this guy, well........

I seen this guy with his brand new bow in his back yard, and a new block target. He was trying to sight it in i assumed, so i went over to watch & offer advice if needed. His target was up against a small metal shed. His 1st arrow missed the entire block about 12" high and went through one side of the shed. All that was sticking out was about 2" of his arrow. Then he proceded to adjust his bow, and prepare for his 2nd shot. As he is at full draw i hear a dog bark, just as he releases his arrow. Of course this arrow goes through the shed also just in a different location this time.

I asked him, "hey do you have anything in that shed?"

as he looks at me with a dumb look and says, " oh crap my dog"

The dog was fine, but man!!!

Lock me in a shed and shoot arrows at me. I got 20 bucks says that dog chews the limbs right off that bow

·
Enhanced Mutant
6,099 Posts
I went with a guy to get him set up with archery stuff. Told him now this is not a toy and so on. He had no release yet but bow came with broadhead tipped arrows. He could not resist drawing and looking at himself in the mirror. The broadhead he was using to check himself out came back and got his bow hand finger and ouch and away the arrow went through the mirror and wall and through the house. Lucky for him none of his room mates were in its path. As for your post they should feed him to the dog.

·
Registered
653 Posts
We all have horror stories about bows and idiots, never a good combination. Think about this; on a slow newsday JR Gothboy dispatches his family and a friends with a compound bow and broadheads. Hillary Clinton and Chuck Schumer call for a ban on "Assault Bows", the Nightly News Nitwits show footage of somebody shooting arrows through plywood to show the power of these fearsom weapons. Worst of all, anybody can buy them at any sporting store or -Mart. Somebody must do something!! and blah blah blah.

My point being that our turn is coming, and we should be prepared. I don't know when or even have an idea about what to do to fight it, but I know it's coming.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Tafkas

Did you know that Hitler banned personnel firearms in germany prior to WW2. I wonder how many people died because they had no way to defend themselves against his murderous government.

Gun control at its finest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts