Archery Talk Forum banner

Perfect 20yd broadside shot, think I got the secondary lung and then the arrow hit no mans land....how long to track?

8639 Views 95 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  solohunter
Shot a big doe and I think I got the secondary lung, pretty sure the arrow then hit the "void" completely missing the primary lung. The arrow was covered in secondary lung blood, no primary lung blood found, some spotty "void" blood. Called a dog tracker in who is very experience in tracking secondary blood.
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

· Registered
2,087 Posts

· Registered
4,403 Posts
I've heard that their reaction times are so quick that can exhale everything and make their lungs tiny. Creates the void. Even that as the arrow hits their lungs will instantly react inside their body and change shape to be above or below impact point. Explains all these perfect shot deer that are never recovered. Think about it.

· Registered
67 Posts
In my experience if you try to tickle the void via the texas heart you most likely will not find her again. More predictable results seem to be had from the full frontal route or perhaps the windpipe and face.

· Registered
241 Posts
I saw that doe first!! I had my Ozonics going with the NoseJammer attachment and while I was calling with my Acorn Cruncher she came in from behind me....luckily I had my Deer View Mirror deployed. I messed up the shot though....I tried to shoot her in the head through her legs while she was feeding but my Rage didn't open because it was frozen. Tough day in the woods.

· Registered
10,048 Posts
In my experience if you try to tickle the void via the texas heart you most likely will not find her again. More predictable results seem to be had from the full frontal route or perhaps the windpipe and face.
Best just shoot them while in their bed with their CPAP mask on....instant shock and awe

81 - 96 of 96 Posts