Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perform X 3D – 60lbs – 30 “ dl (low Left tear)

Cable stops touching same time.

Running Center of Berger hole (raised nock point to get the low tear out)

Tried everything on left tear. I have spaced both cams to the left as to where there is only 1 thin spacer on left - 2 thin and 1 thick on right.

I have adjusted las system every which way.

Started rest center of shelf but have moved in to about ¾” (which has arrow running to right slightly)

Adjusted cable guard to the point cables where almost covering my pin.

All arrows from triple x to 400 hunters produce same result.

I had a very well-known PSE shooter in this area look at it and we are all kinda stumped. 3 people shot it, which produced same result.

I have not reconfigured limbs. This is the combination they are now in.

Top left = 148…………..Top right =154
Bottom Left =150…….Bottom Right 152

Any help is appreciated. This bow holds great and the shot feels awesome. I love the back wall.

Thank you,

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Did you check your tiller? I was having a problem with a low tear. The cams where hitting at the same time. Checked tiller and it was off as my limbs where not working the same amount. Got them in spec and even the low tear went away. That’s a starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will.

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Perform X 3D – 60lbs – 30 “ dl (low Left tear)

Cable stops touching same time.

Running Center of Berger hole (raised nock point to get the low tear out)

Tried everything on left tear. I have spaced both cams to the left as to where there is only 1 thin spacer on left - 2 thin and 1 thick on right.

I have adjusted las system every which way.

Started rest center of shelf but have moved in to about ¾” (which has arrow running to right slightly)

Adjusted cable guard to the point cables where almost covering my pin.

All arrows from triple x to 400 hunters produce same result.

I had a very well-known PSE shooter in this area look at it and we are all kinda stumped. 3 people shot it, which produced same result.

I have not reconfigured limbs. This is the combination they are now in.

Top left = 148…………..Top right =154
Bottom Left =150…….Bottom Right 152

Any help is appreciated. This bow holds great and the shot feels awesome. I love the back wall.

Thank you,
Per conversations with PSE, the spread between the top limbs should be 1-5 and the bottom limbs 0-2. With your limb deflection numbers try this:

TL- 152 TR- 154

BL- 148 BR- 150

Let me know how this works for you.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Ill give it a shot!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Per conversations with PSE, the spread between the top limbs should be 1-5 and the bottom limbs 0-2. With your limb deflection numbers try this:

TL- 152 TR- 154

BL- 148 BR- 150

Exactly what I would suggest as well...the evolve cam bows seem to like minimal spread between left/right slide limbs.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
perform x 3d

I did not have time to do limb swap last night. I had everything running center of berger hole. Someone suggested to raise everything up to where the bottom of arrow (GT 9.3) is center of berger hole. I did that and ended up lowering my rest so it is nock high but was able to get a bullet hole. I also used calipers to set the LAS back to center. I m still considering swapping limbs to see if it gives it more of a level nock travel..?Thanks for input. Keep it coming.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi ColoradoHunter,
I have the exact problem as dbell80 and tried everything he did and more. Changed timing forward and back, grip location, rests, launcher blades .08-.12. So that being said my limb numbers are:
RH Bow
TL-151 TR-156 Following your formula would my numbers now be: TL-154 TL-156
BL-152 BR-154 BL-151 BL-152

Thanks for any info on this, I'm getting ready to swap them out tonight.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi ColoradoHunter,
I have the exact problem as dbell80 and tried everything he did and more. Changed timing forward and back, grip location, rests, launcher blades .08-.12. So that being said my limb numbers are:
RH Bow
TL-151 TR-156 Following your formula would my numbers now be: TL-154 TL-156
BL-152 BR-154 BL-151 BL-152

Thanks for any info on this, I'm getting ready to swap them out tonight.
Auto correct: Numbers now TL-151 TR-156 BL-152 BR-154
Possible new sequence TL-154 TR-156 BR-151 BL-152

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am still have to set nock point high after swapping limbs.
I also am at 36-1/8" axle to axle and it's 65lbs of 60lb limbs. I don't what to try next.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any more suggestions?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I swapped my limbs to the new sequence as I described earlier by Colorado's advice. I set everything back to Zero, cut the center of the berger hole, little nock high, 15/16" from riser for center shot, LAS system straight up, timing dead on, first three arrows were bullet holes at 6', 10 yards, 15 yards. My nightmare is over thanks to Colorado Hunters timely information. Received my RH Perform X on Friday, spent Friday after work and all day Saturday trying to tune bow. Swapped limbs today. This are amazing bows I hope you can straighten out yours soon. Hopefully Colorado Hunter or NY12020 can follow up with you.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts

TL- 152 TR- 154

BL- 148 BR- 150

Nice info here! Thank you for the leg work on calling PSE and the post here.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tried everything. I almost had a bullet hole but I was 3/8"+ nock high to get rid of low tear. I advanced timing back and forth, several different shooters, Left tear wasn't bad could of lived with it. I swapped limbs, LAS center, LAS shifted, moved rest, ran arrow center, ran arrow high. I ended up with one thin shim on left 2 thin and 1 thick on right (top and bottom) still slight left tear. The nock high was what stumped me.

btw.. I have a brand new set of strings for a Perform x 3D- THREADZ - never opened, in the classifieds. All red and red serving with center serving black.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Have you tried a different blade on your rest ? That looks like the thicker Accu Glide launcher. Maybe try something with some "give" to it, or adjust the spring tension of the rest.

Also, if you take your side bar off, and shoot without it, does it change the left/right paper tear ?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Another random thought: I can't really tell where your drop cord is tied on the limb. My Evolve 35 needed to be tied about 1" in front of the axle to allow the rest to come all the way up. There just wasen't enough limb movement when I tied near the edge of the cam like I have on dozens of other bows. Maybe the Perform X is different, but I thought I would mention it.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Same problem with my shootdown. to get rid of a low tear I have my nock point very high. I have adjusted spring tension in the hybrid pro rest to no avail. The rest is coming all the way up just fine.

My limbs are:

TL 146 TR 151 (total 297)
BL 152 BR 154 (total (306)

I can't see an easy way of swapping limbs around so that I end up with a more balanced deflection top and bottom. Is the nock low tear being caused by the additional 9lb of deflection on the bottom limb pair? The very high nocking point is really bugging me! My nocking point is 1/8" above centre axle to axle and my rest position leaves most of the berger hole visible above the arrow.... then I can get a bullet hole, but the arrow is pointing way too downhill for this to be right. Any suggestions?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts