Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have thought from the 1st shot my Perform X 3D gives off a twang on the shoot. At an indoor shoot today 2 people asked me about it. Everything is tight, shooting 50 lbs with a 262 grain arrow. Same setup with my Decree was quiet. Anyone else hearing this?

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Does it have speed nocks on string and string stop? My Podium was loud like that but no speed nocks and string stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the dampeners off the Decree, and yes the 3D has nothing.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
my 3d is a bit like a tuning fork after the shot but I am at low poundage with a light arrow. A stabilizer helps Will try some limbsavers and report back

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just put the first dozen shots through my Perform-X (60#, 30.5 DL). Slight sound like a tuning fork. I tried the shock mods from my CA34 and it helped a little. I also tried a set of Limb Saver Quads and they were no help. I think the culprit is the long riser. I have not put any weight on my bars, so we'll see if that has any effect. I also have a dampener I can put on the riser and see if that does anything. I would not say that it bothers me, but if you're paying attention for it you can certainly notice it.

I just got it this afternoon and had a bunch of family commitments, so just did a quick set up to check things over before turning in for the night. I'll spend more time with it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my 3d is a bit like a tuning fork after the shot but I am at low poundage with a light arrow. A stabilizer helps Will try some limbsavers and report back
I believe this is correct, the one guy I shot with said it sounded like a riser noise. My 3D is a little over 7 lbs. as shot and other than a little weird sound I love it. For 3D I really don't care but it seams PSE might want to look into this and make some suggestions. As stated above I am also low poundage (52) and light arrow (262) so I'm at the very min setup. Thanks for the discussion.

·
Registered
812 Posts
So, having shot the bow with my weighted bars, the sound is what I would consider normal with no more tuning fork tone. I do have Limb Saver dampeners around each bar about 4 inches from the connection point. I've noticed that the Shootdown has dampening bits built into the design of the riser. There are a number of places on the Perform-X that would accept something like the Dinkey Doinker (http://www.lancasterarchery.com/doinker-dinky-doinkers.html) or something similar.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would these Dinkey Doinkers be considered a stab and be illegal in hunter class?

·
Registered
812 Posts
No, they would just be a vibration dampener on the riser. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking just a 1 oz weight mounted to the riser may also cancel the harmonics. I'm going to go and check.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I put a ounce on the riser isolated by a rubber washer and it took the top end off the pitch of the tuning fork sound, but did not eliminate it completely. I also tried a 3 ounce to the same effect. I tried a LimbSaver stabilizer enhancer, like the Dinkey Doinker and I did not notice any improvement. It might look funky, but in your situation I might try a set of Bowjax RiserJax. One for the top and one for the bottom (they come in a set).

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was having a twang on my Perform X. I moved the String Stop closer to the string and it went away. Might wanna try that.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was having a twang on my Perform X. I moved the String Stop closer to the string and it went away. Might wanna try that.
I have mine maybe a credit card width away right now, how close is yours?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have a Perform X 3D and I've tried just about everything and it still has a twang with the tuning fork vibration too. I have it set around 58 lbs with an arrow that's right near 5 gr per lb. I have a short draw length so I need all the speed I can get out of it on the 3D course. Perhaps if I shot a much heavier arrow it would go away but that's not what I bought the bow for.
My Hoyt Pro Edge Elite with the same set up is dead in hand and no twang. It's also slower than the Perform X 3D.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have mine maybe a credit card width away right now, how close is yours?
Itʻs touching the string. Not pushing the string but snug up against it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I’ve got a shootdown and mine also has a little noise to it. I noticed that the las micro adjust has a washer between the riser and the black piece where the torx screw goes in. I believe that the washers are what is vibrating on mine.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Have a source for Hushpuks??? Those would certainly help eliminate riser noise....
I believe this is correct, the one guy I shot with said it sounded like a riser noise. My 3D is a little over 7 lbs. as shot and other than a little weird sound I love it. For 3D I really don't care but it seams PSE might want to look into this and make some suggestions. As stated above I am also low poundage (52) and light arrow (262) so I'm at the very min setup. Thanks for the discussion.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I also run my string stop against the string, not pushing just against. I can feel the difference if I shoot it with a spacing..........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts