·
Waiting on Season
14,910 Posts
About 10lbs worth

Couldn't help it. Real answer not enough to worry about. Shoot away

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Not as much as you would think. I went from 70# to 60# and aint lookin back.

·
AIM SMALL-MISS SMALL!!
5,277 Posts
This is why I really need to buy a 2nd bow lol. I have no problem pulling 70 but as much 3d as I do it isn't the best. But I like hunting with as much punch as I can. So I shoot at 64-65 just met them in the middle.

·
Banned
5,673 Posts
With the newer bows of today not much performance loss at all, however of you have a 70# max and back it all the way down to 60# it's going to grow some draw length so you have to watch that.

🎯

·
Banned
5,673 Posts
Not to hijack the thread , but how much approximately does it grow ?
It depends on what bow it is , I've seen the Mathews MR series grow as much as 1/2 inch. Some bows may not grow at all I haven't done that experiment with every bow maker but I'm just saying it's something to watch out for if you plant to back the limbs out all the way.

🎯

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
beyond the obvious loss of arrow speed, not much .
years ago, it was known that a bow shot best when the limbs were at their peak poundage. that was because that's where the rig was under the most tension and the arrow leaves the string most consistently and cleanly when the string doesn't follow the arrow past brace height before loosing.
all most all bows have string stops now a days and they stop the string at the exact same position every shot, no matter what tension the rig is under. they were introduced to make bows more shootable at the reduced draw weights the bows are capable of being set to.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx everyone.. not to concerned with speed.. i shoot 74lbs right now.. just got a spyder at 70lbs but i see a good deal on a 80lb invasion but 80 is alot not sure if its to much.. but 70 is fine.. also i mainly ask cuz yes i heard bows perform better at peak weight but i also have a mission riot (at 75) and when ictirn it down to 60-65 it feels horrible to me.. feels like its flinging my arrows and not shooting.. but that could also be because of my spine.. i use 350.. does anyone know if 350 spine will shoot a 80lb bow? Draw length is 28.. arrows cut at 29.6 if thay matters

·
AIM SMALL-MISS SMALL!!
5,277 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts