Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting pics of coyotes killing a fawn I decided to take matters into my hands. I bought some traps, scent and some bait.

I've had these traps in the ground roughly 10 days or so. I have also been diligent to check these traps every day in this torrid heat. Awful I tell ya. Ticks are terrible as well.

I knew catching these yotes would be a challenge because we are not infested with yotes in my area, which is a good thing, so after a few ***** I finally caught my target animal at 6:15 am this morning.

This yote has killed the last fawn, broke up the last turkey nest and killed the last rabbit he will ever kill.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shot that yote with a .22 cal Gamo pellet rifle. Never knew what hit him. I'm really impressed with how it performs..

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
Nice job! Keep it up! I can't bait them here cause too many pets running around the woods.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a camera on the trap. Here's 3 pics as he checked the flat set I made for him..Start with top left and go right.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
This post makes me smile...and I’m at work...:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice!! That last pic in trap is the one i like. "Ain't going nowhere now..." where breaking out the lights next week for some coyote n hog hunting if my hunting buddy gets to where he's feeling better. I can stand on my front porch and hear them howling all night and i just wanta go get them. Our coyote and hog season is open year around now since there killing so many fawns. Our dnr has even tagged 2 males in every county for cash/lifetime hunting licence for those tagged. Your right, the heat is miserable, and you better have your thermacell n water.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I shot that yote with a .22 cal Gamo pellet rifle. Never knew what hit him. I'm really impressed with how it performs..
I have the gamo .22 and i had to shoot my neighbors dog getting in the trash every night. I was only trying to scare him off but the gamo did a little more than I expected. I can say ,No dog in trash anymore. Love that gamo too.
So what bait did u use on that Yote? Here, people like to use hot dogs with leg snare.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the gamo .22 and i had to shoot my neighbors dog getting in the trash every night. I was only trying to scare him off but the gamo did a little more than I expected. I can say ,No dog in trash anymore. Love that gamo too.
So what bait did u use on that Yote? Here, people like to use hot dogs with leg snare.
I used Rusty Johnson "Lucky" bait in a flat/modified dirt hole set. Along with a little red fox gland lure.. Snares are not legal in SC, except in water sets.

·
Catty Shack
12,412 Posts
Good on You , best yoty is a dead one .
That's a fact! :thumbs_up

If you want to have some thrilling action hunts, get an Ecaller like a FoxPro with the FoxJack decoy and set up at first light.

And it's even more fun to do it with an AR15, the follow up shots can really get the blood pumping.

Shoot them all!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts