Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started shooting target 10 months ago this month , third year shooting bows period. 95% of what I have learned was here on AT. Just read posts and threads along time before actually joining and asking. I do all my own bow work and build my own arrows. But today’s 5-spot was 300/54x. Just want to share because hell yes I’m excited. Wish I had started years ago. I was not quite 45 years old when I started archery, so yes I’m never gonna be a pro, but it’s good to shoot and have fun. Just a big thank you and high five to AT and it’s members who answered questions and posted threads that taught me. Cause I haven’t spent any time with a coach. To far away from my area. Again thanks guys and gals.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nice shooting brother! I haven’t ever shot a 5 spot target, only a Vegas face indoors but I’m curious to how the mental game changes with the face. Any difference in it for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Great shooting!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice shooting brother! I haven’t ever shot a 5 spot target, only a Vegas face indoors but I’m curious to how the mental game changes with the face. Any difference in it for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually had to drop a few more pounds of draw weight because the last 15-20 arrows were not as good of shots because of fatigue. Plus I really have to make myself stay focused. I still keep the same routine and shot timing on both, but sometimes it is a struggle of not thinking about wanting to get done. I love spots tho.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Great job man! So glad I decided to give indoor a try a couple years ago. It has improved my form, shot execution and most of all my mental game. I too have learned a TON from this site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts