Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a mathews chill x and am looking to get a Hoyt in the next month or two. I'm very interested in either the Faktor 30 and Nitrum 30. Specs look identical, but I want to read your opinions on both.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Specs are identical. Difference is riser design, adjustable air shocks, and cable guard. Both have the same cams.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
In my opinion if you can get a faktor 30 a good price I would go with that over the nitrum 30. Last year I shot the factor 30 And pretty much all the hoyt lineup for hunting bows. I was impressed with the factor 30 as far as balance Speed and feel on the shot. But what I did not like was the string angle on the 30 inch bows.
If you can handle the steep string angle with your shooting style ( Which I assume you can if you're looking at 30 inch ATA bows) you could probably save yourself a couple hundred dollars at least by going with a faktor 30 over the 2015 bow line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my opinion if you can get a faktor 30 a good price I would go with that over the nitrum 30. Last year I shot the factor 30 And pretty much all the hoyt lineup for hunting bows. I was impressed with the factor 30 as far as balance Speed and feel on the shot. But what I did not like was the string angle on the 30 inch bows.
If you can handle the steep string angle with your shooting style ( Which I assume you can if you're looking at 30 inch ATA bows) you could probably save yourself a couple hundred dollars at least by going with a faktor 30 over the 2015 bow line.
I have a 27" draw length, so that isn't a problem for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have shot both of the bows, the faktor and the nitrum. For the price difference you could find I would go with the faktor. The specs are nearly identical however I got less hand shock out of the faktor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have shot both of the bows, the faktor and the nitrum. For the price difference you could find I would go with the faktor. The specs are nearly identical however I got less hand shock out of the faktor.
What are the prices of each bow?

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I just bought a 2014 Faktor 30 for $625 and it is as good as new. I have since seen them for as low as $550

·
Registered
12,065 Posts
Shot both and I own a faktor. The nitrum was nice and has better finish options but the specs are so identical that only you can justify the additional cost. I felt as though the nitrum had more hand shock at the shot. Both held good on target and both have a similar balanced feel at full draw

·
Registered
23 Posts
I thought the backwall on the Nitrum felt better. I went with the Nitrum...They use the same cams so I was slightly torn/confused about the difference in backwall. The selling point was the technology in the zero torque arm and the split riser. Both are great. I noticed a slight difference and the nitrum felt slightly better in my hands. Either choice is good.

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
I thought the backwall on the Nitrum felt better. I went with the Nitrum...They use the same cams so I was slightly torn/confused about the difference in backwall. The selling point was the technology in the zero torque arm and the split riser. Both are great. I noticed a slight difference and the nitrum felt slightly better in my hands. Either choice is good.
Backwall is firmer due to the more pre loaded Control Cable. The Control Cable is the one that has less tension on it, so when the draw stop hits on the Control Cable on the top cam there is more give and by pre loading the tension at rest the give is noticeably less at full draw. This paves the way for the firmer wall that many are experiencing in the Nitrum series.

This also changed the draw force curve making the Nitrum series faster than the Faktor series even with the same cam

·
Registered
67 Posts
I noticed the nitrum 30 was faster than i expected and I owned a vector turbo and CS G3 prior to shooting the nitrum 30. Thanks for the explanation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts