·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please lsit your Pet Peeves from Bow manufactuers

One per post OK?

We will count them later on OK?

I will start:

Bow makers who won't/ or don't/or can't deliver New bows to the specs you order:mad:

TINK

·
Lowered expectations
15,575 Posts
Manufacturers who change models every year just for the heck of it, leaving dealers stuck with perfectly good inventory of nice new bows that nobody wants to buy because the next year's model is "so much better".

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Bow companies that won't stand behind their warranty and find a way to make you spend money when you shouldn't have to!

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Mine is draw length....... I know that some of the manufactures get it right on from the factory, but for the most part they are usually off by at least 1/2" and much more in some extreme cases!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
A lifetime warranty that is not transferrable.

If you are going to warranty a bow for life, who cares who owns the bow. Stand behind your product.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Bow companies (mathews) that put down other companies(Hoyt) because they cant beat them.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Companies that won't stand behind their promised delivery dates. If it is supposed to be delivered in 2 weeks, i'll give then 3 before my order is cancelled. That's another reason i haven't changed manufacturers in over 10 years. :D...................................................DF1

·
Registered
279 Posts
From my stand point of someone who sells the stuff, I do not like the advertisement of IBO speeds, every bowhunter comes in and asks what the speed is, if you do not tell them the inflated ibo advertized speed they will not give the bow you are selling another look.
How many guys actually draw 30 inches, especially when alot of bow companies are a little on the long side, and lots of guys dont shoot 70 pounds not to mention those 350 grain hunting arrows!!!

Why not advertise a spped with a hunting carbon arrow , and hey why not give a listing for a few draw lenghts, less dissapointment to be had.

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Yeah whatever happened to amo speed specs on bows. I knew if it had a 240+ amo speed. I could get ok speed for my draw weight and draw length. Now everything is IBO speed and not everyone states what draw or poundage they used. I would assume 70lbs 30" but 60lbs 28" would be a lot better spec to use.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Companies that think archers come in 1" increments. The Fury/X
cams are better than most but some of the cams lose performance and have large changes in let off when you make 1/2" adjustments to draw length twisting strings and cables.

·
Registered
984 Posts
#1 gripe is draw lengths that are not as stated.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Draw Lengths not professional

The Archery Industry should clean up their act
draw lengths are a joke from brand to brand........

What good are Industry Standards if they are no uniform or enforced?

See Poll coming up soon and vote

:confused:

Tink

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HEY IAN

Hi IAN Parker states IBO & AMA/ ATA Speeds in the Parker Catalog and they are correct

Tink

·
Registered
339 Posts
SO should the clothing industry,

Have you ever noticed that you have try on several pais of jeans to find some that fit even though they say 34" waist 32" inseam right on the tag? Some of the waist are 1/2 short then the others what's up with that?........

Mr. Africabowhunter explain why you are so upset with the "standards" on the bows of today.....and also why you dislike the ATA so much.

My pet peeve on bow manufactures is ........Sticking dealers on top of dealers. I understand that manufactures want to sell bows, well you can only sell so many bows to so many bow people, regaurdless of how many dealers you have there are only so many cusotmers.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
draw length

bows advertised with weight ranges from 60-70# and draw length from 28-30 (example)and after you adjust the draw length to the REAL setting, find you cant reach the full advertised weight.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I was lucky this time.
I haven't bought a new bow since 1996 and ordered a Hoyt UltraTec for Hunting this year.
The specs met my order perfect. Only the drawweight is 82 instead of 80 but who cares. They even were able to meet my drawlength of 32".
It's not easy these days to find a bow with a drawlength for adults:D .

On the other side I received a Hoyt SuperStar in 1994 with an ATA-length 1,5" longer as it should be. Wrong cables, wrong string and long oversea phone calls with the manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I think the speeds advertised by some manufacturers are a joke. The second beef I have is the lack of conformity to the AMO/ATA standard for draw length. I wish all the manufacturers would be held accountable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts