Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E.L.F. (Earth Liberation Front) is the organization PETA recently supported with a $1,500 donation.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030802/ap_on_re_us/apartment_arson_4

U.S. National - AP

Officials Suspect Terror in Calif. Fire
Sat Aug 2, 7:51 AM ET
By ELLIOT SPAGAT, Associated Press Writer

SAN DIEGO - Officials suspect radical environmentalists set a fire that swept through an unoccupied five-story apartment complex, causing more than $20 million in damage.

A banner reading "If you build it, we will burn it," with the initials "ELF," was found Friday next to the burning building still under construction in the upscale University Town Centre residential neighborhood. No injuries were reported.

The initials may correspond to the Earth Liberation Front, a loose-knit group that describes itself as "an international underground organization that uses direct action in the form of economic sabotage to stop the destruction of the natural environment."

Members of ELF have claimed responsibility for dozens of fires and other acts since 1997, causing $50 million in damages to luxury homes, ski lodges and sport utility vehicles. There was no immediate claim of responsibility posted on the group's Web site.

The group, which only communicates with the press by e-mail, issued a brief and vague statement in response to media inquiries:

"The ELF press office has received no communique for the San Diego fire that took place Aug. 1, 2003, and thus cannot answer any questions as to why this location and city was chosen for the latest ELF action," the statement said. "The banner at the site reading `You build it — we burn it — ELF' is a legitimate claim of responsibility by the Earth Liberation Front."

San Diego police, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and arson experts were investigating.

Capt. Jeff Carle, of the San Diego Fire Department, said three construction workers who were sleeping on the site managed to escape the flames unharmed.

"It could have killed someone," said Carle.

Several hundred residents of a building next to the construction site were evacuated as heat from the blaze broke windows and melted plastic blinds in their homes.

The 206-unit complex was part of a larger project approved by the City Council in late 2000 that included a hotel and offices. University Towne Centre is a rapidly growing area of apartment complexes and office buildings east of San Diego's tony La Jolla section.

Carle said if environmentalists were behind the fire, he didn't understand their motivation: More trees would be cut down to rebuild the structure.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Is this the same group that burned the ski logdes at Vail?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Typical stupid *** tree huggers. Destroy something so that more natural resources are used for the rebuild. I wonder how many of them are psuedo-enviromentalists just looking to belong to some group. Hey they could always take a more positive and much more productive role and pick up a bow and arrow. Think about it PETA thin the deer herds so that they have better lives with proper #'s of deer per acre. No suffering malnutritioned deer dying slow and painful deaths by starving to death. Then you could donate all that venison so someone else doesn't go hungry.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Why is it that 2% of the U.S. pop. can act like that which is classified as domestic terrorism and get by with it so long? This same 2% is responsible for taking prayer and the Bible out the school while documents of pagan worship are allowed and encouraged! These are the same people who will burn a building to so call themselves to save a damn tree while lying on an abortion table to kill an unborn child....this is the same 2% who will kill a field and animal eco system to harvest their soy and tofu while all the time trying to take our guns and hunting rights away!!! Forever!!!When are we going to quit allowing this stupidity to go on? When is the 98% of the american citizens that stand for tradition and what is right voices going to count? Whoever is in favor of the public hanging of these treasonist extremists vote AYE!

I mean what can we do to stop this nonsense? Seriously!!!

I don't have a valid solution that will work!!

Do we have too many freedoms in our country or have liberal federal judges and senators and congressmen molested our constitution and watered it down?

This is not the same country as when I was a child! What really happened?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Kildog,
What political rally are you speaking out?

·
Registered
539 Posts
How about the no limits welfare system couple that with how many million children growing up with out a mom or dad in their lives. That is what is destroying this country more than anything. We need family values brought back to the forefront in the USA.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
True Javi,,,I just get so sick of having to set back and hear about this crap while all the time these idiots seem to have no other way to vent their homosexual frustration than by destroying some upstanding citizens possesions all in the name of some idiotic cause... And all that we can legally do is vent on a forum like this.....which as you know really has no effect on them at all!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I bet yall wish that I was a man of few words......but....it ain't gonna happen.....yall welcomed me in.....so ...you are stuck with me!!!!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I bet yall wish that I was a man of few words......but....it ain't gonna happen.....yall welcomed me in.....so ...you are stuck with me!!!!
I'm sure that I'll get slammed by some on here,,but hey thats AMERICA,,everyone is entitled to their opinion and wouldn't it be a boring place if everyone thought the same way about everything! So bring it on!! I welcome your opinion!!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Oh quick look at the idiot ,,,managing to post part of the same message twice and the board said my first one didn't get through and Brew I agree with you!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
D.T.,
When I read your post about E.L.F., I thought I remember them from the fires at Vail. They burned some of the most beautiful ski lodges in America. For what? To make a point. It is criminal activities that appear to fall under the RICO Act. They have an organization spread out over many states and conspire together for illegal disruption and distruction of legal activities and facilities. The jurisdiction is the F.B.I. Why do they exist? Part of the reason is due to the undeniable fact they contribute financially to polical races, mostly Democrats. I am not talking about the conservative Democrat, E.L.F. strongly supports far left liberal Democrats. I need to stop here before I say something that I may regret.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
If these people are so against using lumber for building material, I wonder what they live in. It's hard to find a house that doesn't use wood in it's construction. I guess they live in caves.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts