Archery Talk Forum banner

Petition, please sign..

868 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  fly1
I have started a petition to help bring back Check in stations in IL, they were a good way of keeping hunters honest and need to be brought back..
For those of you that remember them, i think you agree they were a good thing.

The poaching in IL is getting out of hand, I have witnessed it first hand and had to call the poaching hot line on more then one occasion.. Hunters are not calling in their harvest and are reusing the tags, they are killing way over the two buck limit in IL and it needs to stop...
With the old check station you had to take the deer to a business to have it checked in. They took down all the info and put a meat tag on the carcass, hunters had to follow the law, there was no getting around it..

This call in system is a joke at best and needs to be put to bed..
Please sign the partition and help us here in IL control the poaching..
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/9/bri...p-the-poaching.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
493 Posts
check in

I like the phone in. I haved to drive 17 miles to check in deer then drive 40 to locker. Now just call in and drive to locker saves me time. As far as the the people not tag the deer you will see more as the economy continues to go to pot. Poor people will kill deer for meat. I have heard of some already killing with out tags but shooting does for meat. If we could get check stations close it would be ok.

· Registered
143 Posts
The thing I miss most is getting the deer pin when you check in your deer.:(

I'd like to see the check stations brought back, but I don't see it happening.
It costs the state more and with the financial problems we're in I doubt the state would bring back a more expensive program.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.