Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wouldn't it be nice if you could have a phone for huntin. Big enough keys for texting with gloves on, water and shock proof, a killer camera with video that was quick and easy to turn on (add a lot of zoom). Camo glare free with no blinking LED's. a vibrate feature that does not make noise. And most important being able to switch back to your regular phone when you get to truck with a FLIP OF A SWITCH. Someone please market one!!!

What do ya think??? any suggestions???

·
Registered
89 Posts
Samsung Convoy by verizon is close, very large buttons, shock proof, water resistant, camera and video, low zoom though but a decent camera, no camo either, but a great phone

·
Registered
12,800 Posts
I would like it to be a smart phone so I could send pics I take and check AT of coarse
have you looked at any of the Nextel phones by chance?

they take decent pics, very rugged, some are waterproof, web browser is a little to be desired though...

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My biggest complaint is not user friendly with gloves on. If I could double the size of my old Blackberry tour and put it in a otterbox I would be happy, but I would like to be able to switch to my everyday phone quick and easily. It had a quick key to turn on camera on the side, I could set up the vibrate to be almost non existent but the zoom sucked and the keyboard is just to small.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Yeah I think the nextel is the closest you are going to come they are pretty rugged seen one dropped in a pitcher of beer then ran over and still worked lol

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,757 Posts
I just use my release to type on my touch screen, works great.

·
Registered
12,800 Posts
i want one with rattling and grunt sounds on mine
there's an app for that....if not, google "deer rattling" or "deer grunt" it should take you to a website that has free mp3 downloads....download them from your PC then to your phone or straight to your phone, set them to ring tones or whatever else...

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there's an app for that....if not, google "deer rattling" or "deer grunt" it should take you to a website that has free mp3 downloads....download them from your PC then to your phone or straight to your phone, set them to ring tones or whatever else...
There seems to be a app for everything. I am always leery of the permissions they ask for esp on a free app they have to make money somewhere or they wouldn't be doing in.

·
Registered
12,800 Posts
There seems to be a app for everything. I am always leery of the permissions they ask for esp on a free app they have to make money somewhere or they wouldn't be doing in.
their money comes from advertisments.....Angry Birds is a prime example, the free version on the Droid network has ads up at the top right, every level of the game....on the .99$ version, it's ad free....i agree though, i do not allow 3rd party apps unless it's something i know of or someone i know is using....

although, according to many and a lot of reading, there hasn't been a virus found on the Droid network thus far, some basically say it's almost impossible.

but yes, there is an app for just about every thing.

i can't remember the website off hand, i think i have it saved on my home PC, but they have great mp3 downloads that are free, it's just like downloading music, but it's turkey calls, grunts, elk bugle, etc etc....i think it was through Ducks Unlimited....what i did was download it to my PC, then scanned the file to make sure there wasn't a virus embeded, once cleared, i hook my phone to my PC and drag/drop into my music folder.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have those sounds on my phone as well as all the coyote calls a guy needs. Plug the phone into a small amplified speaker and you're set.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I'm looking at the Droid X2. I have the GZ One now and woudl get the Commando GZ but it' sreviews have been not so good

·
Registered
17,257 Posts
I have a Verizon Brigade, large keypad and waterproof for 30 minutes under water. Military grade although it is a little on the heavy side.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I just don't wear gloves.

I put a little face paint on the top of my hands when it's warm and use a muff with hot hands inside when it's cold.

I keep a pair of gloves in my pack for riding on the four wheeler or using a saw and what not but when I'm in a tree with my bow hanging no gloves for me. They've proven to be kinda cumbersome in hunting situations.

·
can't wait to hunt
240 Posts
I just got the Casio G-Zone Commando... especially for hunting season... waterproof, shock proof, touch screen is pretty nice an large have to try it with gloves.... but otherwise I love the phone

1 - 20 of 35 Posts