Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to do lots of digiscoping. Taking wildlife photos at 400 yards and having them appear to be at 20 yards is really cool. Now this can be done by attaching an IPhone to the eyepiece of a spotting scope:) using a device made by Phoneskope. I've got to have one:) As I've aged up, that burning desire to kill a big buck every season has deminished somewhat so I can enjoy digiscoping and phonescoping almost as much as crossbow hunting. I'm working hard to overcome the devastating effects of having a stroke but if cocking and handling crossbows remains too much for me long term, I can continue having fun photographing wildlife, especially deer:) with one of these setups.

The doe shown below was at a little over 100 yards. You can see the horsefly on her face between here eyes:thumb:

Attachments

·
Bolts! Bolts! Bolts!
1,850 Posts
I had one briefly. Returned it. Wouldn't fit my Leupold spotting scope properly. Lost interest after that.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I did not take this one but it's a great photo, I think:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Awww Moon found Thumper and Bambi having a little confab....:)

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Must be my age because I like that photo:) People could learn something from it.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see no reason they will not work on spotting scopes. Same concept but I'm going with the Phoneskope model made for my spotting scope.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I just found a Universal adapter like the Zen-Ray that includes the Bluetooth remote camera control for 19.99 shipped on Amazon. Looks like the Gorsky metal version. For that price it's worth a try and just ordered one. I believe that there is a problem using these with a rifle or bow scope due to the long eye relief but they should work with bino's, spotting scopes and monocular just fine and they have a tripod mounting screw base.

·
Registered
155 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts