Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our newest feature adds photo waypoints to the mix, you can read our write up of this feature by clicking HERE
And below we have a walk through of how to add a photo to a waypoint.
Let us know how you use Photo Waypoints in the thread below!

1. Locate the Waypoint on the map. If the Waypoint does not exist yet, create a new Waypoint at that location.
2. Tap the Waypoint's icon on the map.
3. Tap the three dots in the message bubble that appears above the Waypoint
tap-3-dots.png

4. Tap "Add Photo" in the window that appears on your screen:
View attachment 6971881

5. You will be given two options: "Take a Photo" and "Select from Gallery:"
mceclip0.png

- Tap "Take a Photo" to open your device's camera function and take a new photo to add to the Waypoint.
- Tap "Select from Gallery" to attach an existing photo from your device's photo gallery to the Waypoint.

6. Once the photo is attached, it will be visible after tapping the Waypoint's icon on the Main Map, or in the My Content Menu:
mceclip1.png

You can also add photos to your waypoints in the My Content menu by selecting edit on the waypoint then scrolling down to the Photos section and selecting Add.

A detailed walkthrough of this feature can also be found by clicking HERE and let us know if you have any questions regarding this feature.
We hope your hunting seasons are going well!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Awesome! I'm looking forward to using this feature during my late season hunt. Thanks OnX for continuously improving this great tool for the field!

·
Feedn The Geese
11,997 Posts
Does the server cache the photo such that you can delete it from your phone?

·
Prairie Ghost
1,944 Posts
Just downloaded onX, what do these blue markers mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's just a crosshatch to designate a certain type of potential public access. Look in your layers to see which one it lines up with if you can't figure out by the labels.

·
Looking for a monster!
8,355 Posts
Wish there was a way to transfer my waypoints from HuntStand to onX. Had scoutlook and loved it. HS is a PITA with wind direction and to navigate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wish there was a way to transfer my waypoints from HuntStand to onX. Had scoutlook and loved it. HS is a PITA with wind direction and to navigate.
If you export your markups as a KML or GPX file then you can import that file into onX.
This page shows how to import into our system http://bit.ly/ImportWaypoints
And feel free to give us a call ast 406-540-1600 if you need help with that.

·
Looking for a monster!
8,355 Posts
If you export your markups as a KML or GPX file then you can import that file into onX.
Thank you! I had no idea that was even possible. Will check out that link now :)

·
Looking for a monster!
8,355 Posts
Thank you! I had no idea that was even possible. Will check out that link now :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts