Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
To much bend in your elbow.
Looks like the draw length is to short for you.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
you're a little thin...I'd suggest some extra meals and carbs :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like you could probably roll you hand down a little more in your grip too where you get more contact with your pad.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
roll down?? and also i had a locked elbow before and i was told to unlock it and it is just more comfortable like that....so less bend or no bend???

·
Registered
156 Posts
your mom know you shoot in the house like that?:D

·
Registered
620 Posts
you you could put more hand on the handle.

also i personaly beliv that the elbow should be locked. lean against a wall with a bentarm holding you up. now a locked arm which is easier?

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
Straighten the arm a little, but don't lock it. Draw looks 1/2" long to me, shorten the release if you can ... elbow is high. Heel the bow with your hand a little more ... wrist looks stiff.

That's enough for today :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
k, well i would say dont really lock the elbow but dont bend it as much as you have it in the picture..otherwise looks good

·
Registered
249 Posts
I like your haircut. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Looks like you could probably roll you hand down a little more in your grip too where you get more contact with your pad.
I totally agree with jreese. Your grip needs to be more pad ( meat) of hand to rest on grip of bow. What we shooters call bone against bone.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
hmm...so grip should be touching my palm how??
The grip should run down from between your thumb and index finger to the middle of where your palm connects to your wrist.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
That would be a great person to learn from! The new form may feel a little weird at first, but eventually it becomes almost natural.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah...just practicing along with his video made it feel like the muscles on the top of my wrist were stretching....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts