Archery Talk Forum banner

pics and thoughts of 09 X-force gx

1766 21
I got the chance to shoot the x-force gx tonight and the first thing that I noticed is the draw is smoother than the 08 x-force but it dumps into the valley a little hard. The shot was really smooth and the fit and finish was excellent. The strings and camo look great on this bow. I was talking to the pro shop mananger and he said the bow was shot through the chrono at 60 lbs 29" draw 400 grain arrow at 298, that is pretty awesome. I also had a chance to look at the dream season and it looks really nice as well, I placed my order for a dream season in treestand camo 50-60 hope it shoots well, because I am going to try to shoot it at Vegas in the Bhfs this year. Anyway hope you like the pics and the info

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· OWN YOUR SHOT!
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
price

You know what I didnt ask the price and as far as I no they are available to sell as soon as the dealers get them. I am on the field staff and have had my bow ordered for about a week, that is why I didnt ask the price of these bows because I was just there to shoot the x-force. Was going to shoot the dream season but they didnt have one set up to shoot so I just shot the x-force that they had set up. I think they are shipping to dealers right now, and I hope to have my bow buy next week.

· Registered
1,334 Posts
You mean to tell me that thing isn't dipped in old washed-out looking mossy oak breakup anymore?? Man I never thought Id live to see the day. Good to see PSE finally stepping up with the new look... their first X-Force still has my attention but I never could get over the "cheap" finish.

· Registered
4,122 Posts
X-Force

I shot the SS version and noticed that the bow now had a valley, better letoff, and more accurate draw length. It felt a lot more comfortable to shoot IMO compared to last years models. How would you compare the new X-Force with the old in these categories?

· Registered
9,477 Posts
You mean to tell me that thing isn't dipped in old washed-out looking mossy oak breakup anymore?? Man I never thought Id live to see the day. Good to see PSE finally stepping up with the new look... their first X-Force still has my attention but I never could get over the "cheap" finish.
Cheap finish?
My xforce7 is 2 years old and it is the only bow I have had (I have had alot) that has zero finish coming if anywhere on the bow. Looks like it was dipped yesterday

· OWN YOUR SHOT!
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Draw length and valley

I thought the draw length was still a tad long but I only shot one bow so that is not enough to really say. I shot a 28.5 inch draw last year and ordered my new bow at 29 because it was supposed to run closer to true specs this year with the addition of the americas best bowstrings. As far as the valley yes it was alot easier to hold the bow at full draw without it creeping forward, with the old x-force you could relax at full draw and about rip your arm off with the new x-force you can sit at full draw very comfortably without that problem. As for the camo it is not even in the same league as the old mossy oak it makes these bows look amazing and was due if you ask me, I am just glad that they didnt put apg on there bows in my opionion that stuff looks like crap. My friend has a hoyt and the finish around his grip is totaly worn down to a white finish, my x-force was shot more than his bow and I never have had a finish problem. so to each his own but I really like what I see and I think that PSE has a great lineup this year.

· OWN YOUR SHOT!
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No

I didnt see any bowmadness bows just x-force's and dream seasons. I am really interested in the bowmadness xl and if I dont like my dream season I will buy a bowmadness xl for a all around paper 3d and hunting bow. I sure wish they would come out with a 36-37 inch dual cam x-force with a 7 inch brace height. Oh well maybe next year. My problem is we have 2 major shoots around here utah open and las vegas, and it is hard to justify buying a target bow for just 2 shoots. That is why I am going to try the dream season for paper 3d and hunting and if it doesnt work out then I will try the Xl and see if it fits me better.

· Registered
5,013 Posts
I've heard that there is a bit of a "hump" before letoff... Did you notice this? By any chance, have you ever drawn a Hoyt Trykon? Is the hump better or worse, in comparison?

Anyone who's shot both, please feel free to answer...

· OWN YOUR SHOT!
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hump

There is a hump and it does feel kind of like the trykon hump but maybe not as bad. That is the only flaw that I could find with the draw and the bow is the dump into the valley

· Registered
5,013 Posts
There is a hump and it does feel kind of like the trykon hump but maybe not as bad. That is the only flaw that I could find with the draw and the bow is the dump into the valley
Thanks for sharing. The Trykon's "hump & dump" never really bothered me when I was shooting it. It's something you get used to rather quickly, really... and only seems to be an issue with those who are overbowed, in my opinion.

...I did make them kind of hard to sell, though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.