Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a wild hair and threw this together a few months ago. It shot well, but needed some tweaking. Here is the finished result. Yah, I know I am BISCUIT 4 LIFE, but a guy has to sow his wild oats ever now an then ya know? :darkbeer:
Here's a NAP 1000 with a small bracket affixed to the thingamabob. I had another hold made in the thingamabob by a machinist so that I would have extra windage for my 05 allegiance.
I attached some BCY string loop material that I got from Redhd Charm from the AT classifieds.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
continued

I then attached the rest to the bow and eye-balled centershot... ran the arrow right on through the hamburgler button and attached the other end of the string to the top limb.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And here's the coolest part... I expected to be way off with my left/rights, ups and downs... at least by a little. I shot from 20 yards and was right on cept for about an inch to the right.. I adjusted my sight and was right on at 20 yards. So I steps back and send 5 arrows from 50... here's what I got :eek: (fyi this is purty good for me cause I aint no PRO-FESHIONAL)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the moral of the story is, if anybody gots a old TM hunter style rest, you too can own a nice fall-away for little or nuthin. I still loves my biscuit tho, but I dunno if'n I should keep this rest on or go back to my old faithful biscuit :cry: :hurt:

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
That is awesome.
:darkbeer:

I would tie the string to the left fork of the limb (tall side of the cam) though. Because the limb tends to twist to the short side.

Just a thought:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts