Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
C:\My Documents\My Pictur
23,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U can't here it. If release is shot this way.

Hey Guys
Bear with me. Its a little hard to take a pic with ones left hand at his right hand :mg:

Try this. Really makes this release nothing but quiet. Just let your thumb rest on the cocking bar lightly.When release is activated the thumb helps kill the noise. Also when your index finger falls between the release body of the release. And the thumb nob. Shot isn't anticipated. :)

Attachments

·
23,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
t t t

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
I tried that with one of my releases and it definitely helps with the noise.

:izza:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
UNK, not sure what we're trying to accomplish here, are you talking about when cocking the release holding the trigger in to keep it quiet? I think most have been doing that for a while... Or are you trying to make the release quieter when shot? If that is the case I think you're barking up the wrong tree. 1, the bow will always make more noise than the release, and 2, the release is that loud because it's only an inch or two away from your ear. Try having someone else shoot your bow with your release, while you are standing behind a tree close to target 20 yards from the shooter, I don't think you'll hear the release because of the bow. If you hear the release, let me know what kind of bow you're shooting, I gotta try one!
P.S. LOVE the 2 Shot!

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I know exactly what your talking about UNK. I almost taped the cocking part of my Carter fits me up to where it would click soo loud.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
uh, i gotta try that

·
23,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:)
U can't here it. If release is shot this way.

Hey Guys
Bear with me. Its a little hard to take a pic with ones left hand at his right hand :mg:

Try this. Really makes this release nothing but quiet. Just let your thumb rest on the cocking bar lightly.When release is activated the thumb helps kill the noise. Also when your index finger falls between the release body of the release. And the thumb nob. Shot isn't anticipated. :)

t t t------------ :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts