Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working with back tension releases and thumb triggers for about a year and a half. Almost all the pros and most of the literature endorses anchoring on the side of your jaw. I have found it very difficult to find a repeatable anchor there. I think anchoring on my jaw would make my line better so I was interested in seeing some pics of how your hand anchors to the jaw to help me with this
Northwoods

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Jessica Mattson

This image is from a press release of Jessica Mattson for the Carter web site. It's such a great shot, I thought I'd post it here. This girl can shoot!!

#1 ranked JR USAT Junior Female Compound Team member for 2004

Attachments

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
notice the release hand pulling directly behind the arrow. this eliminates string torque. study this form. she's been coached by the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Here is how I anchor. I go right in between the two knuckles of my pointer and middle finger. I place that "notch" right in my jawline. Feels very solid and comfortable. Here is a close up of what I do.

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
I dont have a pic of mine but my release hand is facing away from my face with my pointer fingure nuck at the bottom curve of my jaw.. my pinky is pionting out by my ear.. lol.. i had to look in the miror to find this.. i dont shoot BT tho..

Man that jessica can teach me how to shoot ANY time.. lol.. sorry to get off subject.. :D

only 1 question i got.. how can she be ranked #1 for 2004?? well she's good lookin either way.. and i'm sure she's a better shot than i'll ever be..

Justin

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Uh-oh Dave B's going over to the "dark side" for a woman...

;)

There is always that hard choice, and Olympic medal...or a really cute chick...

:D

-CG

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Dave Barnes said:
I'll even go compound if she wants to teach me. ;)
She's intimately familiar with the digital manipulation of release devices, to be sure. I suspect that after you're on TV, you'll meet lots of girls who will want to... uh... teach you lots of things.

I trust that you'll kick some serious ass in the upcoming Olympics---GOOD LUCK!!! :)

kgk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts