Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Archery Addict
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man am i excited!!! I went out tonight to glass the property that i hunt. There was a piebald last year that i passed on as a fawn to see what it would become if it made it through the season. Well i seen it tonight and its a BUCK. He is only a small 4 or 6 but if get a chance at him this year he's going down..........This was the second piebald on the property. The first one got shot as a fawn during shotgun season by someone. HOPE I GET A CHANCE AT HIM.

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
Why not let him grow up to be a possible wall hanger in another 2 or 3 years?

·
Archery Addict
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GSLAM95 said:
Why not let him grow up to be a possible wall hanger in another 2 or 3 years?
I want to but i'm not the only one that hunts this farm.Thats how the other one got shot!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Piebalds never grow old around here. After 2 seasons they die because of their sickness. Neat trophy though whether its a 140'' animal or just a fawn. Good luck this year!

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Cool

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
After 2 seasons they die because of their sickness.

What sickness would that be? I have never heard of this being a deathly sickness before.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Had one last year on my lease passed it up a couple times (it was a doe fawn) it got sick and died over the winter i found what was left this spring.Kinda seemed like a waste but what do you do?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Cool! I passed on one several years ago before I knew what it was. I hope you get an opportunity!

Here is a pic of one I took pics of last year with my camera phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Excellent! Take him if you want him.

·
Archery Addict
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Epinepherine said:
Excellent! Take him if you want him.
I'm going to try! If you remember i have the house thing to get ready the first of oct. when we close i'm going to try my hardest to get the house ready asap so i can go after him!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts