Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the stealth strips to help silence these. This is my first stick, run & gun set up. Been using climbers. Read a great article on Dan Infalt up in Wisconsin. He said when you use a climber, you're hunting trees, not deer. So true. Anyway, just messing around and I'm God awful with these. Ton of noise. He uses these things on his sticks so, for $20 I figured it certainly can't make me louder.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yep. Looking good.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It really does help deaden the sound, and avoids the metal on metal contact. I definitely need more practice with them as far as actually setting up on a hunt. Not landing on "going live" till 2014. Only a few days left if the season in 2013.

·
Registered
230 Posts
How many sticks does it take to get top step 25ft. I've been thinking about doing this my self. I know I can hide alot better in loc-on verse my climber.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd say you need 4 to get that high. I only have 3. I'm not sure if you can get singles, I'd like a 4th. Maybe this spring I'll see if anyone wants to go in on a set. They're really solid. I'm liking them. The 2 sided steps are why I went these vs LW.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
Ive always said, when using my LW set up(Alpha II and 4 LW sticks), I can hunt the same tree's as climbers and tree's they cant, thus way more locations......I'll take my LW's over a climber any day...I put the strips on my LW sticks this year and they made a huge difference in how quiet they are......with 4 LW sticks easily get 17-20 ft...... a tad higher if I space 'em more and start the first stick higher....... Ive used a few of my DeerMe rope on steps at the top to get extra height also..... I also purchased several strap extensions to add onto the sticks(or Stand straps) so I can get up larger trees, these extensions should work on the Muddys too......

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive always said, when using my LW set up(Alpha II and 4 LW sticks), I can hunt the same tree's as climbers and tree's they cant, thus way more locations......I'll take my LW's over a climber any day...I put the strips on my LW sticks this year and they made a huge difference in how quiet they are......with 4 LW sticks easily get 17-20 ft...... a tad higher if I space 'em more and start the first stick higher....... Ive used a few of my DeerMe rope on steps at the top to get extra height also..... I also purchased several strap extensions to add onto the sticks(or Stand straps) so I can get up larger trees, these extensions should work on the Muddys too......
Did you do just the main stick? Or did you throw little patches over the nuts, bolts, steps, end caps etc?

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
How many sticks does it take to get top step 25ft. I've been thinking about doing this my self. I know I can hide alot better in loc-on verse my climber.
7 muddy sticks to get 25ft.

5 LW sticks to get to 25ft.

YMMV

·
Bowhunter
6,440 Posts
Looks good. I put those Stealth Strips on my LW handclimber and it not only helps keep things quieter, but also warmer when climbing in the cold.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
These are the 32 inchers. Are you referring to these or the 20 inchers? I have no idea, just asking.
Oh yeah, I'm talking about the 20".

Didn't even know Muddy was making 32".

Probably be 5 then.

·
Vendor
10,771 Posts
4 sticks and a rope step on the bottom of the first stick will get you 22'. Plenty high enough plus you get to hunt from any tree you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts