Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my pin gap between my 20 and 30 yard pin seems outrageously big to me. it is exactly 3/8th of an inch gap. whats is some of your pin gaps on your z7 or any other bow really. oh yeah my bow is 66# 28.5dl....thanks

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Pin gap is greatly affected by your peep height and the distance of your sight from the front of the bow. Without knowing all of the factors of your setup, it's impossible to make a comparison.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i know that and i dont know my exact weight. but i cant really tell you cause im actually shooting the wrong spine arrows. im shootin fmj 400s right now but i need 340s so actually my arrow will most likely be hearvier after the arrow change.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
If you have a dovetail sight that is extended out and have never used one before the pin gaps seem really wide going from a regular sight that is much closer to the bow.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a armourtech hd. not the pro model so the sight is actually pretty close to the bow.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Z7 sight gaps

I am using a single pin (Spot Hogg Tommy), so a bit of a gap doesn't really concern me. I have plenty of adjustment and sight tape space to play with. :music1:

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
My bet is that he is having some rest contact with his fletching.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no lens, no fletching contact.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I actually had to move my Hunter Hogg-It out to the the longest setting because I wasn't able to get individual 20 and 30 yard settings because they were so close. Now with my sight moved out to the longest extension, I'm able to get the settings that I wanted.

·
Registered
385 Posts
28'' draw 72 lbs 427 grain arrow and only have one pin for 20-30. 20 yards= about 3/4'' high 30 yards is 1/2'' low because the gap was too small to use 2 pins.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts