Archery Talk Forum banner

pin gaps

555 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  jacobh
Is it true the closer oyur pins are to the riser the tighter the pin gap? and if so why?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
Geometry my friend. Imagine a line from your eye through your 10 yard pin to say 100 yards. Next do the same with your 100 yard pin. Now the distance between those two lines (pin gap) will be around an inch at the sight. But the distance between those lines will be maybe 15 feet at 100 yards. If you need proof that the line gap will grow , just shoot your 10 yard pin at a 100 yard target and see how low it hits. So, as you increase the distance from your eye to the pin, the gap between those lines increases.

· Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
27,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geometry my friend. Imagine a line from your eye through your 10 yard pin to say 100 yards. Next do the same with your 100 yard pin. Now the distance between those two lines (pin gap) will be around an inch at the sight. But the distance between those lines will be maybe 15 feet at 100 yards. If you need proof that the line gap will grow , just shoot your 10 yard pin at a 100 yard target and see how low it hits. So, as you increase the distance from your eye to the pin, the gap between those lines increases.
Thanks I sucked at geometry know I know why.....Thanks for clarifying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.