Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what do think about this: does Pin Nock will reduce arrows damage when you shoot in the nock vs G-Nock?

Right now, I am using G-Nock on ACE and each time I break a nock, I break the arrow too! It is becoming very expensive. My friend is shooting Pin Nock on his ACE and he told me that when he shoot in the nock, the pin is making a deviation and it is saving the arrow!

Did someone discover that too??

Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
Been shooting ACEs for a long time. In terms of protecting the shaft, my experience suggests that, in order of degree of protection, from best to worst, Beiter InOut better by far, pin nocks a distant second, and G nocks are the worst.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
The story I heard (please note, rumour only, I don't work for Easton so can't say) was that after the X10 pins were produced and proved to be such a success there was demand for pins for the ACE. However, due to the thinner wall of the ACE it's not really suitable for pin nocks, which basically spread the force of impact over the whole shaft circumference. Hence the pic in the other thread - they can get forced into the shaft rather than deflecting as designed.

Anyway, this is combination of rumour and part-proof, so please take with a grain of salt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts