Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for better pin nocks to use on my Gold Tips. Has anyone used any of the following? If so, any feedback you could pass on.
1. Big Pin Nocks
2. Easton, Large
3. Mickinney Nocks
4. Gold Tip.

Thanks,
djq

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GT nocks to small for serving

It seems that the GT pin nocks are to tight for my serving. I am using Beiter nocks on my Cartel's and they are just right. But when I use my Gold Tip nocks they are to tight.

djq

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I used the Easton X-10 nocks. I never had a problem, but I have read some reports of them cracking. It seemed to be a few isolated issues form what I could tell, maybe a bad batch slipped through.

Darrel

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
McKinney Pin Nocks

I am using these on my Gold Tips and my Navigators. They perform very well and do an excellent job of protecting the end of the shaft but they are fragile and break very easily if hit with a glancing arrow.
Jbird

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
It is my understanding that the NEW GT pin nocks with larger string grooves will be out shortly.

I ended up re-serving my bowstring TIGHTER and the nocks fit OK...but still a tiny bit tighter than what I want....

I've done this on ONE bow....on my other bows, however, I"m using GT pins with Magnock pin nocks...which, of course, pose zero problems with nock fit or tightness.

field14

·
Registered
347 Posts
Easton G-Nock

I just put G-Nocks on my 55-75 GT Pros...work great. Seem to fit the string perfect. It seems that I picked up a couple fps by swithing nocks (if even possible?) My former GT 'stock' nocks really 'snapped' onto the string...the g-nocks just go on / off easier. Now I seem to be 2 fps quicker.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Gold Tip Pin Nocks

I am told that the new wider groove GT Pin nocks that we are looking for are still several weeks off. The McKinneys work well and I will continue to shoot them until the others are available to try.
Jbird

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.