Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any advantages to using pin nocks other than saving arrows from being trashed.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
nope

Not that I have found. They are typically fragile compared to conventional push in nocks. IMO they are not that good for target or hunting.

I am sure some guys will swear by them but not me.

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
156 Posts
saving the arrow is the most important thing

if your FOC of the arrow isto much to the front, you can put it a little to the back by using a pin nock. It isn't much but sometimes just enough to get a better flight.

you can see this in the softwareprogram of www.archersadvantage.com

·
Registered
11,289 Posts
Not that I have found. They are typically fragile compared to conventional push in nocks. IMO they are not that good for target or hunting.

I am sure some guys will swear by them but not me.
I am shooting the GT pin nocks and they area actually pretty durable. I have saved a TON of arrows by using them. I was using standard nocks before and was throwing away alot of arrows due to cracks in the nock end. Since switching over I havent lost one single arrow, and I have took direct hits right on the pin several times at league night from other people.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
812 Posts
They also play a little defense. Many times when they get hit they will deflect the other arrow out instead of in.

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
I have not found anything that protects the nock end of an arrow any better than a pin nock. I have absolutely flushed the pin with no damage to the back end of the arrow. Robin hoods are few and far between with pin nocks.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I just finished our winter animal league, which is 5-arrow ends at 20 yards into one target. I shot Navigators, and broke around 20 nocks throughout the league, and didn't bend one pin, or break one arrow.

·
2A whiner
40,383 Posts
tighter groups

I have found that my groups are tighter using either pins or G nocks. Maybe the tolerances are tighter, the system is straighter or there is less influence from the string but in the end my groups are better.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I think the release pressure is more consistant from nock to nock and the alignment is straighter than a standard nock system. I really like this system.

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
we've been going away from them mostly on the higher poundage bows . Ive seen a couple brand new ones split when firing . and a lot of the get loose on the strings . but on the lower poundage bows they have been fine . also found there harder to tune on my hooter shooter that the regular noks . I've gone back to regular noks with collars .

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I used them on my target arrows and just added them to my hunting arrows.
I found my groups were tighter with the pin nocks. Since I'm a "one bow for everything" shooter I wanted every thing to be the same. They added a little more back end weight to a marginally weak spined arrow.

I'm using McKinney pin nocks.

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
I am using the Gold Tip X-Cutter pin nocks in my Carbon Express Linejammers. I sure wish that I would have switched from the Beiter nocks sooner. The pin nocks are working great.

I actually increased my FOC percentage because the pin nocks are lighter than the Beiter nocks and Bull Dog nock collars from Carbon Express.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I use the same GT pin nocks on all my arrows. When I change from one size to another, the fit of the nock on the string is not affected. Previously I used the standard Easton nock on some large diameter arrows. They would not fit between the nocking points set up for my smaller field arrows.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts