Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several posts around about this, but narrowing the focus a little will help me out here. Do most guys shoot with a dot or pin when shooting Field ? And why ? And if a dot, what size and color seems to work best ? I currently have a .019 green fiber, but not sure if that's the best ticket. The 6X is done. Replaced it with a 4X. 6X is blurry on longer targets. 4X ain't, and I won't use a clarifier. Makes my pins blurry. My eyes are bad enough as is. I'm thinking a really small orange dot might work well ?

If I'm gonna take this field stuff even half seriously, I intend to make a few changes. Including shooting it more. ;)

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
You really just need to try different things. I use a 40 fiber....I could use a smaller one like a 29 or so....maybe a 19.....

I don't like stickers really outside because they always turn black or vanish on me outside.....a fiber doesn't....although it did one day :chortle:

but I know X Hunter uses a spec of dirt in his lens.....what everyone likes to see is really up to you. There is nothing that works for everyone. Just get some stickers and put em on and try different ones :D

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You really just need to try different things. I use a 40 fiber....I could use a smaller one like a 29 or so....maybe a 19.....

I don't like stickers really outside because they always turn black or vanish on me outside.....a fiber doesn't....although it did one day :chortle:

but I know X Hunter uses a spec of dirt in his lens.....what everyone likes to see is really up to you. There is nothing that works for everyone. Just get some stickers and put em on and try different ones :D
I actually had PM'd him about his before this post. So you know he uses a dot ? Do you know what color ?

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I think it's orange for outside....I know it's black indoors.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
His dot makes a .10 fiber look like a 60...that thing is tiny

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The thing I like about shooting a pin outside is that if it starts raining heavily you can remove the lens and keep shooting. I'd love to shoot my true spot outside but got caught shootng with it in the rain last year and my day was done at that point.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I use a green bispectral dot, it's the 3rd largest, which I think is also the 3rd smallest. Works great. It does get dark like Hornet mentioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts