Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do yall think of the way bows like elite, high country and, i believe, pse, are putting pins through the limb tips to help prevent the axles from pulling through? although it is not fail proof, i really like the extra security. do you think it can be done to any bow limb? it looks pretty simple to me...thanks for your thoughts!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Not sure I can visualize what your talking about...PSE has little rubber pieces under the tips to absorb shock......is this different?

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
actually those rivets are there to prevent the limb tips from delaminating . . . if the axle got far enough to hit that pin, the axle hole would be a mess already

generally mechanical fasteners are not a good idea in a laminated composite because they cause stress concentrations and give cracks a place to start . . . and the fact that they feel that they need these does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the quality of the lamination . . . but I guess it works . . .

I have an HCA bow with the Barnsdale limbs with these rivets and they are holding together just fine so far.

But . . . Hoyt's limbs hold together without them, which is the way it ought to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts