Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's planning to hit the 1st leg in Pipestem? I've never been there before, but will be attending this year. I've heard good things about that course.

·
NC ASA Director
36,061 Posts
:wave: me, me

·
Coal Keeps The Lights On
671 Posts
The wife and me will be there hopefully midday Friday. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm planning on coming in Thursday night to shoot Friday. Looks like some rain early next week so might be a little soggy. Still a bit early for an accurate weather forecast though.

·
Coal Keeps The Lights On
671 Posts
Let me tell you what I done Friday. Drove over to Princeton Friday,checked into our room got our stuff ready to go to Pipestem and sign up for the defense course and get our score cards. On the way out there I told my wife I wish they had some signs up pointing you in the right direction. She said are you sure it's this weekend and I replied yes it is,well about that time she had it pulled up on the internet and wouldn't you know I got the date wrong. I felt like a whipped pup. So with my tail tucked between my legs we came back to the hotel and explained my situation. They was very understanding and switched dates for me. So we stayed Friday night and roamed around Princeton. So hopefully we'll be back this coming weekend. She also said that they was a motorcycle rally this coming weekend so If you don't already have a room better get it early this week. Hope everyone coming has a safe trip and shoots straight this coming weekend.... PS my wife found this very amusing for some reason.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me tell you what I done Friday. Drove over to Princeton Friday,checked into our room got our stuff ready to go to Pipestem and sign up for the defense course and get our score cards. On the way out there I told my wife I wish they had some signs up pointing you in the right direction. She said are you sure it's this weekend and I replied yes it is,well about that time she had it pulled up on the internet and wouldn't you know I got the date wrong. I felt like a whipped pup. So with my tail tucked between my legs we came back to the hotel and explained my situation. They was very understanding and switched dates for me. So we stayed Friday night and roamed around Princeton. So hopefully we'll be back this coming weekend. She also said that they was a motorcycle rally this coming weekend so If you don't already have a room better get it early this week. Hope everyone coming has a safe trip and shoots straight this coming weekend.... PS my wife found this very amusing for some reason.
Ah man, that sucks. I'm always nervous that I'm going to do that. Well hopefully you can make the trip again this coming weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
886 Posts
That is just incredibly awesome!!! Tricked the woman into an extra weekend in a hotel with you.... You da man!!!!

·
NC ASA Director
36,061 Posts
Sounds like something I would do!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you all check out the weather for the weekend. Looks like it will be LOTS of rain.
I hate to drive 7 hours to shoot in a tropical rain storm.
Decision, Decisions!!!

https://weather.com/forecast/regional/news/2018-05-16-heavy-rain-east-tropical-moisture-mid-may

Yeah, it does look like it's going to be a bit damp. I can handle the rain though. I just plan to get wet, and change after shooting. I just hope they don't have to shut things down due to lightning.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
1ryanman

You live in WV! What is your local weather saying for now?

·
NC ASA Director
36,061 Posts
I'm gonna bring my Muck boots.

·
Mountain Life
6,899 Posts
I plan on going. Calling for 80% Saturday but it’s always changing. That’s the bad thing about it but I’ve already taken 12h Friday night so I won’t be out all night with work. I can handle the rain I just hope like heck the wind isn’t with it. I shot the Sunday of Spring Nationals and it was horrible.

·
j.myers
2,649 Posts
It shows rain all weekend on weather channel but accuweather shows showers on Friday and couple showers on Saturday not a washout on Saturday then Sunday pm showers but who knows on that mountain

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just made it to Princeton. Weather is actually pretty nice right now. Sun's even peaking out a bit. We'll see what we get tomorrow. Regardless, I'm pumped!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Mountain Life
6,899 Posts
Weather turned out to be great yesterday. Shot the A-B-C-D course. Larry Kade and crew did a good job, imo.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts