Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ice Cold
11,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm converting my fanatic to a shiny shoot through CPXL. I was doing some measurements tonight and the risers are a lot more symmetrical than I thought, but the fanatic center pivot is slightly farther back.

Initial plan: just swap cams. But, that would make my brace higher than I want, and draw length would start at just over 28. I shoot just under 28.

So.....now I plan on swapping limbs and cams. Would the difference in pivot point be reason for concern? The limbs are just barely thinner where the rockers would sit.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
First question would be: how does the limb travel compare between the two cams? Which cam flexes the limb more - CPXL or Fanatic? By how much?

If the Fanatic had much less limb travel, you have a potential roadblock; if the CPXL had less travel, you might have some flexibility on pivot distance.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I believe the Fanatic flexes the limbs significantly less. That CPXL cam was pretty radical. But... I've been known to be wrong, right Malcolm? LOL

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I believe the Fanatic flexes the limbs significantly less. That CPXL cam was pretty radical. But... I've been known to be wrong, right Malcolm? LOL
I'd expect that to be the case... I haven't even seen a Fanatic in the flesh yet. I have some time off in a couple of weeks, so I'm seriously considering the 8-hour round trip to get a proper look at this year's Bowtech line and some old stock from the glory days ('07!)

Ahahaha we all have our moments!

·
Ice Cold
11,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fanatic= 2 1/8
CPXL= 1 7/8

At least by my ******* method of put a tape measure on the wall and draw next to it.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Fanatic= 2 1/8
CPXL= 1 7/8

At least by my ******* method of put a tape measure on the wall and draw next to it.
Ooooh we're both wrong this time CarbonWarrior! LOL

iceman14, hey that's my ******* method! Well actually I use a door instead of a wall... I keep meaning to get a drawboard [or a glamorous assistant!] but the ******* hanging tape measure hasn't failed me yet.

Back on topic, on the basis of your measurements I don't think I'd be too concerned about about the pivot distance. I look forward to seeing the finished shiny shoot through CPXL :)

·
Ice Cold
11,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll probably use the hooter shooter for the first couple shots. I'm just nervous that the limbs are too thin where they will be on the rockers and we will have a kaboom! Maybe I need to bust out the Bowtech bomb suit.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
It's not easy to tell how thick the limbs are/aren't from the photo. I'd still try to stick with the original limbs if it were my money that bought the bow, but if you go carefully there still isn't necessarily any more stress on the limb than designed - just watch the way that the limb flexes when you first draw it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts