Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if the way you put the fletching when you put it on the string makes a big difference, most guys i hear say to put the "odd" color fletching down, i shot them every which way, i personally dont see a difference, any insight from anyone. im fairly new at this archery game and figured asking questions to more experienced people is best for me, also new to this site, and love it already- what a wealth of knowledge. great site

·
Banned
910 Posts
just make sure there at 120 degrees and a couple inches north of you nock. as far as how you shoot your arrow... cock feather up, down or out depends on your arrow rest set up. i would need to know that to tell what is right for your rig.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
If you are shooting with a prong rest you should have the cock feather down. If you use a QS whisker biscuit, it should be up. If you shoot off the shelf with fingers it should be away from the riser.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
It depends on your arrow rest set-up. I shoot a fall away so I shoot cock up:)

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
How ever ya do them make sure they are all the same as it helps when you look at them and know where it goes everytime quicker if you are hunting. AC

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all in the input, im actually going to be switching to a quicktune 360 rest here in a couple days, how should the cock be then? up im assuming? what is the difference between that vane and the others, is it angled more, slightly heavier or what?

·
Registered
438 Posts
No its not angled more. It all has to do with clearance issues. If you use a quicktune 360 it is up if im not mistaken. With a 2 prong rest you want the different collor vane(cock vane) pointing down to go inbetween the prongs. On thw whisker biscuit type rests you want the cock vane up because you dont want a vane to go into the black(stiffer) bristles on the bottom. Its all about placing vanes where they have no contact with rest or bow riser parts wich will cause arrow deflection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts